Three weeks in from TKR

Posted , 9 users are following.

Had 1st TKR years ago.THR last year and Now other TKR. Only 23 days in but I think I'm way behind??!! I'm still at home , doing little other than pogoing to Physio twice a week. Pottering around, bit of housework and cooking. Came off meds a week ago. Only take them if I'm desperate!

Knee very stiff, bend really hard, maybe only 80deg at mo. Straight flat no problem.

When walking it feels solid (like locked ) after 5mins, it just swells. I walk like I have a false leg at the mo.

My surgeon stretched my hamstring and muscles which slowed me down, but that's getting easier.

Sure my other knee ALL was a bit easier.

Sitting very uncomfortable!

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It's early days - 23 days - 3 weeks! Be patient! I am advised to continue with medication and use a crutch to get about out doors even after 9 weeks! Much is about age - I'm almost 79 years and apparently ' doing well' as yesterday was the first time I walked round the Garden Centre as opposed to a wheelchair!

Hang in there - do your exercises and you will improve!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.