THREE WEEKS ON MERT - HAD TO GET OFF

Posted , 7 users are following.

Even after three weeks on this dreadful drug I was nothing short of a zombie, and needed to get off it immediately - easy! no way. I've felt nothing but sick, nauseaus, dizzy with a constant cough and headache after going cold turkey. I had no idea that after such a short time on this drug that the withdrawal could be so terrible. Anybody else had similar symptoms after such a short time? How long do the effects last?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

HI PAUL,,,you do not say what mg, u was on,,also what for,,,it may have been too strong ,,,as it was with me it also made me a zombie,,i was on 7.5mg to start and had to reduce to 3.75mg,,,READ MY POSTS,,it worked wonders for me ,,i WAS very ill with dep/anx/chronic imsomnia/ect,,,i am ok now but still have sleep problems ,,,dr is going to give me a small dose of diazepam for a short time to help with sleep,,i would not give up hope with the mirt,,,it depends on your problems..i was on it 4 three months i also had side effects some bad but worked on it to get the results i was looking for,,,,,,bluesy,,,,,please reply if this helps you
  • Posted

Hi,

I would see your DOC, as you have been on it for such a short time, It should not be haveing the WD like your are,  the MERT has a short 1/2 life, after 5 days it should be out of your system. not like other SSRi can stay in your system for weeks,  The issue with the doctor is they will want to give you anouther pill. If  you doint relly need it, ride it out.

Good luck to you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.