Throat Problem

Posted , 3 users are following.

Since 2012 I have had recurring throats issues.

This year it has been a lot worse. I am 19 and have just been diagnosed with Athsma. My tonsils are constantly swollen and my entire neck is sore and stiff. I often cough up white chunks that have a horrible odour.

The doctors have told me on several occasion it is "just my age" but I do not know anyone else who has had such issues with their throats for 5 consecutive years.

My immune system is very low also and I catch any virus going around.

Thank you for any help

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Sounds to me like you may need to have your tonsils removed.  My son was always sick when he was little with respitory infections, bronchitis and colds.  I swear he lived on antibiotics.  When his tonsils were removed, he was never really sick again.  It was like a miracle.  Good luck. Zap
  • Posted

Catrionak123,

When I was younger, I had the exact problems you're having. Once I had my tonsils removed, what a difference!

My youngest son had horrible allergies and strep throat A LOT when he was growing up He also had "sport" induced asthma. At 18, he had his tonsils removed and he no longer had any issues with strep or with Asthma either. That white junk is infection and I suggest having tonsils removed!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.