Thrush x 3

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am now on my 3rd boutique of thrush, trying to get to see my gp today but ito like pulling hens teeth. They told me about 2vweeks ago if I got another I would need a swab to see why, chance would be a fine thing. Got fed up of ri ginger this morning for an emergency appointment so eventually went down there only to be told ring up at two when they will release the afternoon appointments, only 3 drs in surgery. Some hope!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Should be bout, certainly not a boutique
  • Posted

Oh that's very crappy. Let us know how you get on. We don't have that sort of problem getting to see a Dr. here in New Zealand. Can always see own GP same day. Then there is another clinic very close by that takes casuals & no appointment necessary & don't usually have to wait that long. It is a private clinic so not cheap. But with medical insurance cover its not a problem. I went Sunday evening & it cost $115 NZD which would be around 55 pound. That clinic is open 8am - 8pm. Hope they can work out why your getting repeated yeast infections. Are you using the special shower gels that have good PH especially for vag area when showering?

• Posted

That sounds like a good service. Not using anything but water in the shower.
  • Posted

Well managed to get an appointment with my gp, no examination or swabs taken, said I might still have some medication in my system so probably won't get a true result so just given me another 6 days of pessaries, unable to take tablets as it will affect my transplant medicaction. If this doesn't clear it go back to the nurse and she will take some swabs. Happy days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.