Thyrogold Dosing

Posted , 2 users are following.

The initial recommended dose is 300mg. When I look at equivalents to other thyroid meds this seems high. I am game to try it but wonder what others' experiences have been. I suspect it would push my TSH down to practically nothing but from reading the posts here over the last couple of years I understand that TSH is far from a good indicator, and that like me many people with TSH around or below 1 still don't feel well. I would like to hear from anyone but especially people on  high-dose Thyrogold  with really low TSH and doing well. Thanks!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi dave

I take thyrogold and I take approx one capsule which I believe is 150mg. To give you an idea of conversion, this is equivalent to approx 50mg of levothyroxine (t4 medication).

I did some research and found that when taking NDT such as thyrogold, your Tsh may be artificially suppressed and your T3 levels may be artificially high even when you are on the right dose. My doctor panicked when he saw my Tsh was 0 but this is normal.

Give it at least four weeks to work. I didn't feel great on it the first couple of weeks but then after about four weeks I started feeling much better. It's a really good thyroid med in my opinion

Feel free to message me if you need anymore advice!

• Posted

Thanks! That is helpful info for sure. Much appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.