thyroid blood results help please.

Posted , 3 users are following.

TSH 0.57 T4 15.5. 

HB 126

Ferritin 14.5. B12 343. Folate 19.4. Ref ranges not yet available. Any comments welcome please. I am thinking I need b12 injections.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It is difficult to comment on your results without knowing the reference ranges for the lab the tests were done in.  Also the cause of your hyperthyroidism.  Your TSH would be considered in the normal range in some labs, however, even though it is in the normal range, for myself I like my TSH a little higher (1.0 to 1.5) and I strive to get it there and keep it there often requiring supplements.

It is difficult to comment on lab tests that have no reference range beside them because the range for normal differs from lab to lab.  Your TSH would be considered in the normal in some labs, however, even when my TSH rose into the normal range, and I was happy to finally get it there, I preferred to keep it at the level of 1.0 to 1.5 and take supplements to do this.  Ask for a printed copy of your results.  They usually list the ranges on printed copies.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.