Thyroid from high to low

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was diagnosed with high thyroid condition and was on carbimazloe and six weeks later by TSH was 1.6 so was taken it off it.

Then a week later I had a massive change and went the other way apparently my Dr has never seen this it TSH went from 1.6 to 67 I am devastated about this and am now on thyroxine.

Has anyone else had a similar experience and do they know why.  Any help would be appreciated.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I have only seen these kinds of swings in patients who have Hashimoto's thyroiditis.
  • Posted

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you had such an abrupt change in your thyroid function. Have you been tested for thyroid antibodies? Before my thyroid autoimmune disease was establieshed, my TSH values were all over the place, before they chumped all the way to 12! 

What kind of symptomes do you have?

Anyway, with the thyroid you really need to be patient. If you can, once your doctor established his diagnosis, I'd go for a second oppinion. Just to be safe. Also, if they ever tell you that you must take hormone substitution therapy for life, go for a second oppinion! Check your thyroid regularly and keep the results for comparison.

I'd also suggest keeping a diary of what you eat and how much you exercise as well as how you feel.

Good luck!

• Posted

Right now, exhausted.  Barely able to function.

Pale, cold and hair is thinning.

I am under an Endocrinologist but that just seems to have made matters worst going from one extreme to the other.  Weekly blood tests are being done.

My sleeping is either good or really bad.  And to top it off I have a period for the first time in 16 months.   I just wonder if it is more hormone than thyroid and they have got it wrong 

• Posted

Hi Miriam I am on very high dosage 60 mg Carbimazole and 200mg

Propranolol I go to the docs on Tuesday for my 1st tests results since taking the tabletsvI will let you know if I have the same issue as you.

• Posted

Have you gone to an endocrinologist or a general physician?
    • Posted

Have been going to an endocrinologist and yesterday stopped and have engaged an holistic Dr who is also a General practitioner.  So so happy that she is listening to me and how I feel.

Off for a load of bloods including hormones ones.

I live in hope that I will get this sorted with this Dr she cares and understands. Time will tell am sure of that.

• Posted

Latest developed am on Vitamin D 4000mg a day and Selenium 200 MG a day.  
  • Posted

Had 3 good days, am thanking Selerium and 4000mg of Vit D, but am not feeling so great today.

Anyone used natural to sort out Thyroid.

Latest Blood tests has my TSH at 57 down from 75, so a little better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.