Thyroid gland & anxiety???

Posted , 3 users are following.

I got told my thyroid gland is a little high so it makes me feel wierd. But my anxiety isnt helping & i have a lot of head tension, & sometimes its hard to focus my vision. My head alsp feels funny. I just want it to stop, any coping skills or medicine i could take? I keep getting sharp pains & i was having a lot of rib pressure pain & what not also the middle of my chest feels weird. Please help

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Let's start here Stephanie, one of the things that is most terrifying about anxiety is not knowing what the heck is going on. Rather than go into all that here, I want you to go where the answer is already written. Google exactly this...."adrenaline and anxiety" You will be greatly relieved, and start re claiming your mind, body and life with the understanding of what your mind and body are doing and why they try to trick us into believing what they are trying to make us to believe. Knowledge is power. When you do this and the  "oh is this what and why I am thinking and feeling this." When you get that, starting on that power base, let's go from there. In the meantime, drink a lot of water to start flushing raging adrenaline "anxiety juice" out of your body. Hope to hear from you soon,wink

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Tension headaches are nasty buggers. They can last for weeks,or years. I had one that lasted for 8 years, 24 hours a day.Wanted the good lord to take me. I was on a med for anxiety and panic already, so I could not figure out what was going on.Felt like my head was going to burst,it felt so full, with pain on one side. I walked around in a fog, and nothing I did helped. Started getting these head zaps when I would turn my head. I was a mess.. Told my doc and she could not figure this out so I lived with it. When I was at my point,I told her to get me off that med and please try something else or I am going to go mad. It worked. Thank you lord. I suffered. I have been on 2 meds now for many years. still doing good. Point is, there is no coping skills for these nasty tension headachs that don't go away. If you also have aniety, that you need to be on something. Good luck.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up