Thyroid Results

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I have recently had a thyroid test and don’t understand the results. I’ve been reading them up via the internet and can’t make head nor tail of them. 

TSH       0.04

T4        15.4

T3           6.3

Can anyone enlighten me.

Very much appreciated.

Lisa

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lisa. Don't know where did you take the test? What are the normal ranges? The T3 is for free T3 or total T3? Did your doctor review the test result with you yet?  Just looking the numbers you showed, I suspect you are in hyperthyroidism? (TSH is too low and T4 too high)   But I am not a doctor and so it's just my guess.

• Posted

TSH is low.  This means you are hyperthyroid. Hyperthyroid means your thyroid is making too much thyroid hormone.

• Posted

Hiya, thanks for your advice. Yes the T3 Test is the Free T3 one. I had the blood tests done at the clinic. The TSH Test has been dropping over the last 8 Months now, the other two are around the same results. I had half my thyroid removed in 2012, all was fine but the I’d say the past 12 Months I’ve not been myself at all, and the tiredness is awful, I will just nod off anywhere! I went to weight watchers for 10 weeks, was really good and stuck to the diet, I put a pound on!! I’m so down. 😢

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.