Thyroid results. Please help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there

I have suffered with fibro for many years now and recently got 2x positive autoimmune bloods

I feel my flare ups are much more than just fibro

Fatigue is so severe with sore throats etc

My recent thyroids results are

Tsh 0.6

T4 13

Rheumatologist says they're in normal range

I've read that some people do not begin to feel well until their tsh is at at least 1.

I'd like some feedback on my results. I'm trying to get to the bottom of my daily battles with these flare ups

Thank you x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Many docs only test TSH and T4 and I don't feel that is enough to get an idea of what your thyroid is doing.  While your labs might be in the normal range, your TSH is at the lower value indicating more towards hyperthyroidism, though it might technically be within the normal range.  The normal range for TSH varies a bit from lab to lab.  

• Posted

0.6 is borderline, I just saw an endocrinologist and her first question was do I have an autoimmune disorder (which I do not) so there must be a connection.  I suggest you consult an endocrinologist.
    • Posted

Thank you for your help

Are you in the U.K. Or USA?

I'm not sure my gp would even take me seriously.

They probably think I'm a hypercondriact as it is.

But I'm just trying ti find out why I'm feeling the way i do. It's been 9years of constant flare ups

I'm due to see the rheumatologist again in 3 months. Is this something that he could look into?

Thanks again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.