Thyroid test

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just had my thyroid test results. Before the Dr let me see them she told me they were all normal. 

TSH 0.79 Range 0.3-5.5

FREE T4 14 Range 9-24

Symtoms are

Dry flaky skin

Fatigue

Feels the cold more

Moody

Hair dry and breaking

Eyebrow hair thining

Weight gain

No energy

Tingly hands and feet

Constipation

Forgetting stuff

Not listening too well

Bags under one eye

Food intolerances 

I weight train on the days I don't work. Have noticed over the past months I am loosing strength and extremely tired after every gym session.

i'm not over doing it as the Dr suggested. 

Can anyone give some advice

Thank you smile  

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Looks exactly like a different autoimmunity syndrome, ask for an antibody screen blood test as these symptoms are exactly the same as mine and I am being tested for Sjorgrens. Try googling Sjorgrens symptoms.

if you have antibodies causing Sjorgrens you can also get Hashimotos, which causes the hypothyroid condition, rheumatoid arthritis, the list is currently 80 antibodies long and includes type 2 diabetes, etc., Google autoantibody and select Wikipedia.

• Posted

Looks like you may have a subclinical thyroid condition. Ask your doctor if you can try a 25mg dose of Synthroid for 4 to 6 weeks, see how you feel, and get another blood test. Some patients don't feel normal even though they fall into the normal range, and yours would appear to be on the low end of normal. You know you the best, and how you should feel. Just because the science says you should feel normal, does not always apply to everyone.
  • Posted

It would be wise to check for autoimmune issues as well. I would ask for a blood test to look for  thyroid autoantibodies, if you haven't already. It could be your symptoms of low thyroid are masking another condition not related to your thyroid. MikeD2 below has made a very good point.
  • Posted

Thanks guys, I'm straight on it tomorrow. I didn't book another appointment as I wanted to get all my facts straight first before going back and challenging them. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.