Thyroid test for anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone had a thyroid test to see if it may contribute to making there anxiety worse? Most of the time I'll get bad anxiety for no reason which is why things like CBT or talke therapy will never work for me, only medication helps but I hate taking. it's been like this for 5 years now I'm a mid 20's Male who is likely to spend the rest of his life alone if I have to rely on anti depressants rolleyes how do I go about checking this? just so I can rule it out. Thanks 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had mine checked by the doctor, but she did it because I thought my hair was thinning. I'm a female by the way! I get anxiety too for no reason always worry about being on antidepressants. There is no reason why you can't get on with your life and meet somebody it might help you.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply, did you get your results? 
    • Posted

Yes all my levels were normal. All bloods fine too but I'm still convinced there is something wrong with me!
  • Posted

Yeah when I went to my GP about my anxiety she eventually tested me for my thyroid levels especially as a lot of people in my family have it and my mum was anxious and very acrophobic for months, and afterall it was just her thyroid levels! Just ask your doctor man, best wishes!
  • Posted

Hi

Yes I had my thyroid levels checked byut they were ok,  I had sudden anxiety which is related to past stresses.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.