Thyroiditis help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all. So after 3 mos of suffering from panic and anxiety attacks and thinking my death is imminent, I finally had my US of my neck and they found that I have Thyroiditis. I was so scared that I made another appt after the scan and saw the go who made me feel better by telling me it isn't cancer, however they still have to do more blood tests etc to further investigate and find out which kind I have, e.g hyper/hypo.

My question is if anyone else out there has this and if so what are they symptoms you have and did they get better with treatment? I am nervous because I have done a lot of forum reading and many people say their head pressure is still unrelenting, which is my worst symptom and it is driving me mad! It first started on the left side of my neck and the moved to the back of the left side of my head, temples and left war area. What it feels like is a lot of pressure, and almost like that area is just clogged up and it is driving me INSANE! Has anyone else experienced this? I just want it to go away I am so sick of it! Any light you could shed on this would be much appreciated.

Hope everyone is well and having a less anxious start to 2015 : )

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis. I was diagnosed about three years ago now. I am in much better health that I was back then but it did take a while to get sorted.
    • Posted

Glad to hear you're better. Did you have the dull pain/ pressure on the sides of your head at all?
    • Posted

I had so many aches and pains and I was always getting bugs and infections.
  • Posted

Your lymphatic system runs through your whole body but when it gets sluggish it backs up in your head which feels like sinus pressure. Alot of drugs can cause this like a past broken nose or some underlying health problem

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.