Thyroxine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. Wonder if anyone on Thyroxine doesn't feel any different. I spoke to my doctor about the T3 medication armour and he said he had never heard of it and the only thing I can take is thyroxine. Sick of feeling like im fighting a battle with Thyroxine and not getting anywhere.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sleepydre, I took Armour for almost 6 years. Back then I switched from Synthroid because several friends felt better on it and my doc was okay with that. A couple months ago I decided to talk to my new doc about switching back. She was fine with my decision. After finding the right dosage of Synthroid, since you can't move from the same strength of Armour to Synthroid, I'm feeling good. Why did I change?  More and more reports showed that Armour's dosage was not consistent. I'd feel good one month and then felt sluggish another. Back on generic Synthroid, I feel much better. But even better than that, I have suffered with GERD for years and I control it with my diet which sometimes can be really difficult. Since getting off Armour my GERD symptoms have been reduced. I was so surprised that I googled GERD and Armour and found that many people have that trouble. Anyway, I'm happy I'm off Armour. A lot of doctors don't want to prescribe Armour because they believe since it's natural the dosage can't be as controlled as those made in a lab. After years of promoting Armour, I now have to agree with the one doctor who told me to get off of it because of that very fact.

• Posted

Thankyou. I don't know what to make of it all. All my doc seems to do is just up my thyroxine and no change in symptoms.

• Posted

You could take print outs to him or request an appointment with an Endocrinologist. 

If you’ve researched enough you can also self source and self medicate T3 or NDT if you need it. I’d suggest you try a combination of T3&T4 before you jump onto NDT as you’ve got extra medicines that you don’t need as yet. Also are your vitamins at optimal levels? Have you had your antibodies tested and if you’re Hashis - have you adopted a gluten free diet? You TSH level needs to be near 1.0 and your rt3&4 bear top of the range. I assume all those are in order, as if not none of your meds will be help properly. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.