Thyroxine level too high

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had really sore muscles or joints felt really tired all day my voice is all croaky now have heart palpitations am getting blood test sometime today but didn't take thyroxine today and palpitations not nearly so bad. Can I stop thyroxine for one day pending the result of blood test

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes. It will not hurt. Yes I had the same. I thought I was hypothyroid again but I had too much levothyroxine circulating in my blood.
    • Posted

It's not good is it. Have you ever had palpitations or fluttering heart. Hasn't been so bad today because I had no thyroxine. Last two weeks had sore muscles sore eyes and terrible tiredness and croaky voice this week that seems better except the croaky voice and have heart palpitations. Got blood test today will see what it says. Did you know it takes three months for your body to be fully absorbing the new thyroxine level, So the doctor told me.

• Posted

Yes I did have all those symptoms and wrongly thought I was undermedicated. But when I got my blood tests back my TSH was 0.03 t4 21.9 and t3 6.9. When you get your results let me know. I had a racing heartbeat and my thoughts were racing but my body too sore and fatigued to carry out what my mind told me. If you see what I mean. Easily aggravated also. So hope you get on okay.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.