Tibolone

Posted , 4 users are following.

ive just started taking tibolone but the night sweats are still with me. Has anyone else experienced this and is it just a case of the body getting usd to it before the sweats go 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Liz

I had sweats for a few months after but they got fewer and fewer gradually.  I now have been on Tibolone for 3 years and just have the occasional one. Hope you feel better soon. All the best

• Posted

Thank you very much.   I mentioned as I thought the sweats had worsened over last couple of days since taking tibolone.   I will stick with it though! 
  • Posted

Hi Liz. I have been taking tibolone for just over two weeks now. Not taking it for sweats so much but for absolutely overwhelming tiredness and joint aches and pains.... Plus I have generally lost my brain so to speak. Anyway.... My sweats have worsened since starting but I am feeling just a slght hint of energy coming back and a tiny bit more clarity already. I too think it's just my body adjusting to having a hint of hormones back.... Especially the testosterone as I had absolutely none. I am giving it at least three months to feel the effects. I am sure it will help both of us. Good luck smile

• Posted

Thank you Cathy.  I agree need to carry on to see the effects. 
    • Posted

Also my consultant, post flooding caused by previous hrt, said tribilone will give you overall feeling of wellbeing given androgens.  
  • Posted

Hi Liz, please persevere as it will take about 4-6 weeks to get improvement. I am sure we will hear from you advising improvement. The benefits will be great. 

take care and be patient. Do not give up too soon. 

Regards Jenny 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.