Tickle in throat is catching my breath

Posted , 2 users are following.

i had pneumonia about 2 years ago and when i had it i found i was short of breath and when i breathed in it was a struggle to take a deep breath causing me to breath out sharply.

i seem to be experiencing something very similar when i breath in but i can fell it at the bottom of my throat as if something is stuck and when i breath out it causes me to cough or make a strange noise due to forcing the breath out (i cant seem to explain it well).

i have also had a headache for a few days possibly related?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I was diagnosed with multiple pulmonary emboli earlier this year and I have the same problem. It is called dysfunctional breathing. I have been told breathing physio can help. I find it really hard to take a deep breath in, I have an annoying cough, I get dizzy and really bad chest pain even though all my clots have gone. I have that weird sensation in my throat too, sometimes it is hard to swallow and I choke on food. It also affects my sleep, I often wake up with a jolt gasping for air.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.