Tight foreskin

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everybody,

my foreskin is very tight, I am not able to retract it. This is the farthest I can get it back. Also, I think my frenulum might be too short and my foreskin is quite dry. What do you think?

Thank you

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Firstly how old are you, and which country are you in?  The phimosis might be something that just fixes itself, especially if you're under 20, or you could also try stretching and a steroid cream.  If you also have a short frenulum (frenulum breve), that may need surgery (frenuloplasty).

You seem to have a lot of white spots on the outside of your foreskin.  They're probably just Fordyce spots, but have they always been there?

• Posted

Thanks for your answer. I'm 20 from Germany. I guess I'll try to gently stretch it regularly and see how it progresses. Yes, those spots have always been there, they're all over my balls as well.

• Posted

If you're only 20, then it may well fix itself, but gentle stretching may fix it, and I'd see a doctor about using a steroid cream as well, and whether or not you have a short frenulum.  Even without the phimosis and possible frenulum breve, I'd consider seeing a doctor about all the spots btw - I don't think they're an issue, but it's unusual to have so many.

If you were in America, you might well get a doctor or urologist suggesting circumcision as the first or only option, but it doesn't look like you'd need surgery except possibly for the short frenulum.

It's possible to tear the frenulum btw (known in England as a snapped "banjo string"wink, so if sex is painful, then slow down and consider using lube - saliva works if you don't have anything handy.  I've torn my frenulum myself, and while it healed very well without surgery, it was painful and very embarrassing at the time, and I couldn't have sex for a few weeks afterwards.

Don't be nervous about seeing a doctor btw.  Doctors have seen everything, including stuff muuuch more embarrassing than what it sounds like you have.  As I often point out here, women have to lie on their backs with their legs in the air on a regular basis, while a stranger looks inside them with a speculum and flashlight, so we men have it easy.  There are way too many men who won't see a doctor till they absolutely have to, and it's something we need to change.

• Posted

If you google "phimosis blog" btw, there are some stories of how people have fixed phimosis without surgery.

• Posted

its common problem

you can leave it

you can try to retract it slowly over time using creams with help of doctor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.