Tightness after 5 weeks post op for PKR

Posted , 14 users are following.

im experiencing lots of tightness around my knee, I really thought it would be easier by now. I'm trying really hard with my exercises but they leave me exhausted and very tearful. Going back to physio next week at the hospital so hopefully they will come up with something to help. Still taking tramadol and paracetamol but the pain is worse at night. I'm hardly sleeping. Anyone else having these problems? Love to hear from a very tearful soul.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am 5 weeks and 6 days

Everything you said is a ditto for me too HOWEVER each day there are some improvements

Someone wrote about the magical 6 week mark and I know exactly what they meant

Look back and see how far you have come. Yes we have a way to go but I checked out the u tube video of a full knee replacement. Wow, now there is an eye opener. No wonder we all hurt with what and how things were done but little by little our amazing

Bodies are healing

I still ice a lot, do my exercises, take meds when needed and don't stay on my feet too awfully long as I swell . Thankful

That modern medicine developed ways that we can choose to regain our mobility again. No, I am not there yet but very hopeful

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.