Tightness with chest and uncomfortable

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my surgery a couple years ago(appendix taken out) and ever since then I've had several health issues. I've been to emergency several times and had blood tests cat scan x rays done. Everytime I go I get the same result back.... All the tests are negative and "there's nothing wrong with you it's all in your head". I know that I have anxiety issues and have had several panic attacks since the surgery but I still really don't feel right physically and I think there's something more going on. On a daily basis I get a tight chest burning sensation in my throat chest pains. And once in a while like today I feel really weird like half my chest and throat are tighter than the other half like really really tight and I will get anxiety if I stand up and walk because when this happens I also feel like there's a lot more pressure on my chest. I should probably also mention that I constantly feel like I have to burp. I thought it may have something to do with what I'm eating but I've tried watching what I eat and eating better and that haven't made much of a difference. Also for the past month or so I've had lots of pressure in my head and popping of the ears. Any help would be really appreciated, and I do understand some of this may be my anxiety but these symptoms will occur when there is little to no stress in my life and I know there's something else happening. Thank you.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I get all the same things happen to me since January. I honestly believe there is something wrong with my heart. I've seen my gp a few times he doesn't believe it's heart related at all as all my symptoms mimic health anxiety which had happened to me before. I've read some very scary stories about young adults having real health issues but they were misdiagnosed as anxiety because of age so again I told my gp all this and he said that he would run some tests. All came back normal. I've ended up in A&E so many times had blood tests chest xray and ecg on more one occasion all Vale back normal and I still.don't believe the doctors. They won't do ct scan as they say there isn't any need too
    • Posted

I'm really sorry to hear that. It's truly awful when you feel something is really wrong and no one takes you seriously. I'm only 20 and was perfectly fine before my surgery and ever since have felt unable to live life to the fullest. It's a really scary and uncomfortable feeling to live with and no matter how much I calm myself down it only seems to help a little.
  • Posted

The effects of surgery are often underestimated, it's extreme stressful for your body, like a serious accident. Doctors don't pay a lot oof attention to this, since they are focussed on 'the mechanics'; if everything works allright, you are allright (?).

Your body though, stores all it's experiences, unconsciousness or not, and if they aren't properly processed, things start to clog up.

i'd recommend finding a craniosacral therapist or an osteopath, these people know how to get things flowing again. They can help you to release tension in certain regions of your body.

I myself had several 'vague' complaints for a long time due to a number of surgeries, and found great relief in craniosacral therapy. I think this could be helpful to you too, since, along with your other complaints, you experience pressure in your head and popping ears. This is often a sign of a malfunctioning central nervous system. Craniosacral therapists are specialized in solving these issues.

I wish you good luck.

• Posted

That's very true about doctors. Do you know how I would get in to see a craniosacral therapist or osteopath? I've also considered it maybe could be acid reflux?

• Posted

In most countries there is a union of craniosacral therapists.  You could look up on their website for a certified one. Craniosacral therapists are often also physiotherapists, so possibly your insurance pays for the treatment.

Though I'm not a doctor, it doesn't sound like acid reflux to me. It sounds more like your body is out of wack and you need the care you should have gotten right after the operation.

• Posted

You lay down on a table and the therapist puts pressure on certain body parts or just lays her/his hands somewhere.

To be honest; I don't know exactly how and why my therapist does what she does  (which is quite exeptional because I'm an academic health care professional myself and always like to know how things work) but I don't care really: the effect is amazing. I can feel the tightness in my chest and throath dissolving right then and there, and that's whats counts for me. Also this peculiar 'buzz' in my body and the pressure in my head have almost dissappeared after just 4 treatments.

I wish I knew about this therapy much earlier, it would have saved me from a lot of miserable feelings.

If you would like to know more about the background of the treatment you can also take a look on the website of the therapist union, there is always a section on it where it's explained.

• Posted

Okay thank you I'm planning on trying that. You don't need a referral from a doctor to make an appointment with one? Also is it similar to massage therapy? I found a website near where I live that mostly says message therapy so I'm just curious. My body defiantly feels very weird and it has been preventing me from living my life the way that I want to. I'm very thankful to have mad madit through the sugery but I would like to get better.
    • Posted

I don't think you need a referral, but I'm not sure, I live in The Netherlands, might be different where you are.

I think that the massage therapy you mention could be similar, most of these therapies are aiming at release of tension, getting things aligned again and improving your breathing. Best give them a call and find out what they can offer, getting rid of that weird feeling is worth it I can tell you. It feels good to (litteraly) be in the hands of a health professional who knows what you're talking about and knows what to do to help you out.

• Posted

Thank you. I have made an appointment for next week, I explained my symptoms to the lady on the phone and she said she would be able to help. No referral is needed, you just make an appointment and go in. Really hoping this will help me, even today I feel very weird and have pain behind my eyes and pressure moving around in my head and in my throat making it hard to swallow.
    • Posted

That's great! Good that you are taking care of yourself. I too hope  that you will find some relief, and hopefully full recovery by getting this treatment. I completely recognize your complaints, especially the weirdness, it's hard to explain, I call it a 'buzz', feels like your whole body is out of balance, like you don't fit in your skin very well somehow and you're partially floating outside of your body. Weird.

If it turns out she's not the right one I hope you will stick to the plan and will try another. I first went to a young and unexperienced therapist, who didn't understand completely what was going on, and moved on to the next one after two sessions, which luckily was the right one for me, but I hope you have found yours right away, please let us know how it goes!

• Posted

I will defiantly let you know how it goes. smile thank you. It's comforting to know someone else has experienced something like this, you start to feel crazy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.