Time for some good vibes

Posted , 16 users are following.

There are so many negative and bad news posts in this menopause forum, perhaps it is time for something different. Time for a little bit of light in the darkness. Of course, one would expect to find mainly distressing tales on a patient website - it is the nature of the beast. People are on here to tell their tales, get support and share information or advice. But there is a place for good news to give people hope, especially with menopause, which is a minefield of possible treatments (not just HRT but also medications or alternative therapies to tackle individual symptoms) and which, in the majority of cases, passes. Unfortunately, it is often the case that those women who have found the best solution for them or have found successful ways to cope or for whom menopause is over, they no longer visit this forum - and why would they? - they no longer need advice or support. However, hearing the good news can be just as important as sharing our tales of woe. Of course we should not belittle menopause - many women have exhausted all the available options and are still suffering ... all the more important for them to hear something positive, I would have thought. There are also many women who have exhausted all the possible options but still remain active and positive - how have they done that? What helped them cope? It would be helpful to hear. There are also women who have been through the trials of menopause and come out the other end unscathed - it would be inspiring for those still in the quagmire of menopausal symptoms to know there is an end in sight - it can be difficult to believe there is an end when you are in the middle of it all.

So, no bad vibes here, just good vibes - please post on here your successful coping strategies and, also, let's hear from those women for whom all the menopausal crap has passed (if you still follow these discussion, let us know that there is light at the end of the dark tunnel). Just positive, uplifting stories - somewhere where those of us who benefit from hearing such things can go. There are plenty of discussions in the menopause forum where women share their struggles - time for something salutogenic.

10 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I waiting for this I'd sure like to hear some positive things cause right now it's Hell to me thanks!

• Posted

Exactly - we want to hear! I have been on this forum for many years and I know that there are women who have successfully coped and, more importantly, women for whom that "hell" is over and done with - they all say "it will pass". Sometimes we need to hear that. And how do women successfully cope with the symptoms. For example, I have two school age kids and, yes, sometimes I am so totally lacking in energy I really do not want to get out of bed in the morning, but I do because I have to for my kids - they are what gives me the motivation to get up and carry on with the day. Also, that utter exhaustion means I have stopped all exercise, even though I know it will probably make me feel better and a lady on this forum told me to just start walking for 10mins a day and gradually build it up - it made a difference to her. She motivated me to start, and I did.

• Posted

Hi

I am post menopause, 10 yrs since my last period and still getting hot flushes, to be honest for most of the last ten years and years previous to my last period I didn't realise that some of the things I went through could have been down to the menopause! I started to suffer from health and general anxiety when I hit 60, I'm 63 in May, I put it down to children leaving home and me somehow losing my purpose in life. I have never consulted a doctor about past symptoms, I have always preferred to work through the menopause, recently being on this forum has made me think that maybe I have had symptoms due to menopause! I am currently trying to address my anxiety.

So not sure how helpful I can be as still going through it, but made it so far and still smiling, it's good to read the posts because I can relate to symptoms past and present.

• Posted

Yes! I'd like to hear some positive advice and from women who are post menopause.

• Posted

Yes! I'd like to hear some positive advice and from women who are post menopause.

• Edited

same here waiting for those ladies to come through and give us hope . sometime we need to hear the positive stories to keep is sane .X

some days i think i will never will normal again 😦

• Edited

I think I am coming out if the worst of it, nearly a year since I've had a period, symptoms have subsided and I am feeling more and more like myself again.

• Edited

Happy to hear the worst is over for you .

looking forward to those days of feeling myself to . for me right now seems like theres no light at the end . but for women like you to confirm its gets better gives me hope . Thank you x

• Edited

YAY!!! now thats a great comment to read on a friday .

So pleased to hear someone say things will get better and at least some if not all symptoms will be gone after menopause, and that right there is enough to keep hope , so thank you .

• Edited

Me too. Everything seems to have subsided. No more hot flushes, no more night sweats, energy levels gradually on the increase. Peri started when I was 47, returning to "normal" at 53.

• Posted

mam do u have head pressure and off balance issue too in Peri..they r ok now ?

these r most scary symtoms for me .

• Posted

My symptoms were just hot flushes, night sweats, dry vagina and feeling exhausted. Hot hot flushes just became part of my day, I slept through the night sweats because I was already on amitriptylene for another condition, the dry vagina and painful sex was solved with estriol cream and took naps for the exhaustion.

• Posted

My symptoms were just hot flushes, night sweats, dry vagina and feeling exhausted. Hot hot flushes just became part of my day, I slept through the night sweats because I was already on amitriptylene for another condition, the dry vagina and painful sex was solved with estriol cream and took naps for the exhaustion.

• Posted

ok mam

Lucky u not having head pressure and off balance issues.

thanks for reply

tk

• Posted

Hi sunaina

My symptoms were similar to yours last year. I took bhrt for a year and gave just changed to hrt and its made a huge difference xx

• Posted

ohhhhhh...every symtom is worst mam..hard to handle.

tk

Nice to know u start feeling better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.