TIME HEALS....

Posted , 3 users are following.

I ran across this, my own posting over a year ago and I was so frustrated and in such a bad place. And the hospital treating me nearly let me die....told me they couldn't help me. I almost killed myself that night. But...I didn't and by accident went to the ER of another Hospital that absolutely helped me and taught me how to help myself!! I'm in a much better place now and I manage my lymphphedema and haven't even had any cellulitis since I found them! God is good. Don't give up Ladyjack51(me) and don't give up to anyone out there reading this and suffers too.

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am so happy for you!  I don't have much tonight, because there is more going on than the swelling crap.  But these discussions are really helpful for me to read, because I can't tell you how many words, sentences, symptoms, etc., I Googled, it was always vague, and I felt like I was all alone in this.  None of my friends have experienced this, and are so shocked each episode.  So, I'm not giving up, and its people like you who keep me encouraged.  I've lead a very active life, especially as a teen and 20's--I skied my knees off!!  Never had any serious accidents, but apparently I wore out my bones, tendons, cartiledge, veins......lol!

What I would like to ask, is:  You are talking about how you haven't had any bouts of cellulits now.  Can you tell me what you're doing, or how you are helping yourself?  

• Posted

Thanks for your kind words Cindi1214. There are some lovely people that post on this website, you are proof of that. I also post on the COPD subject on here bc I have that too.

The first thing to do for this kind of cellulitis is after washing and dressing any wounds, get that swelling down. Swelling causes the skin to stretch beyond its limits and split open, bacteria gets to it those places as well as lymphphedema fluid that is swelling up in the area is trash fluid from your body too and so cellulitis occurs. You have to see a therapist who specializes in lymphodema...most hospitals have a couple people that do it. You will need your leg or whatever area it is wrapped in about 3 to 4 layers of material....almost like a semi cast. There is an art to it and there is a kit that they use that has everything in it but I'm soooo sorry bc I can't remember the name of the kit. But only techs can get it anyway. It's all compression material and we just did it overnight. The next day my poor leg was normal size for the 1st time in 4 years! Since then I use Farrow Wraps bc my leg unfortunately will fill back up, to keep the swelling managed everyday. As long as you can compress that leg every day you won't get cellulitis bc the skin isn't stretched out. Also maybe take a water pill to help eliminate fluid. Farrow wraps and similar items can be bought online and at medical supply stores. I hope this helps...many blessings to you!! Ladyjack51

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.