Time of the month

Posted , 5 users are following.

For the women who haven't gone through menopause yet.. Anyone else notice that things get worse whilst on your period?

Today has been bad. My periods have been quite light for quite a few months now. They say to use tampons with LS - the flow is that light that a mini is all that's needed. But I'm having issues with inserting a mini tampon. Never in my life has this happened. I use to use super absorbency! I find that the vaginal opening is tight and the skin around the opening gets really sore and inflamed when inserting and removing the tampon. Any suggestions? Should I bring it up with my doctor? I'm trying to keep the menstrual blood off the skin but whilst doing that I feel more irritated and inflamed when using a tampon. I don't know what to do to make the time of the month easier. I've had about 5 baths already today to help with the sore skin sad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Also I wanted to add that it doesn't look like I'm fusing. Maybe I am and not realizing? That concerns me. The opening to the vagina and the skin around the opening doesn't look like it's changed.
  • Posted

Hiya, are you  using normal tampax? I  use the bleach free, no plastic etc. Think they are called Natracare ?? You will find them in your local health store or online.

xx

• Posted

Hi, yes mine definately flares up just before and during my period. Ive not had any fusing yet but everything does seem to have shrunk down there! (It looks so much neater tho so I'm not complaining!) Seems strange if you were using tampons during your last period.
  • Posted

When you have made it through this ordeal, which you will, then perhaps it is time to look into dilation.  My experience this far is that gentle dilation will keep things open wider.  It has been a big commitment doing this all the time, but when I try to skip a few days, all becomes narrower fairly fast.  This might be as LS is. 
  • Posted

Yes my flare ups definitely get worse before and at the beginning of my period. I learned with time to make sure I apply my medication (Triamcinolone Acetonide Ointment) morning and night, a week prior to my period and those first few days of my period. This seems to keep the flare ups at bay. I hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.