Timing??

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am in the middle of a flare, and wondered how much pain I have to endure

before I call for help?? 

0 likes, 65 replies

65 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Do not endure bad pain Jacqueline , get help now . Only you know how you feel, go to your doctors now. Your doctor should put your mind at ease in terms of whether this is an emergency or not . Take care 
    • Posted

will have to wait until tomorrow  surgery ,half day closing. 

I ma taking Paracetamol every 6 hrs, not really noticing much  pain reduction. Don't know whether or not to take Mebeverine to reduce the 

bloating ,I look like a Sumo wrestler in a frock

• Posted

Don't try to "soldier on" go to doctor today and get treatment.  I've been to docs today and back on antibiotics again.
    • Posted

have just tried to access  surgery, evev though  they are closed /.thought there would be an out of hours number, but they have put

their phone number on Fax. consequently no access 

• Posted

just trying this out ,did two posts one to you,and one to tidy queen, both whizzed off to outer space here goes
  • Posted

If the pain is too bad to bear Jacqueline , I would advise to either go to your nearest walk in centre or A and E. The very least they will do is to take blood tests which may show raised infllammation, and give you stronger painkillers, but most of all you will be given the professional advice which you need right now 
    • Posted

had the first hospital care  3 months ago, not the nicest experience. 

will ring 911 first don't feel energetic enough to get ready ,taxi job, long wait in a&e Thank you  help me make my mind up 

• Posted

Take care then Jacqueline, let us know how you are getting on xx
    • Posted

Sat morning feeling much better after all the effort to get help Out of hours clinic called me in .dressed, taxi ride ,wait ,prod around said it was a little tender,stopped the penicillin which the 111 doc had prescribed even though I told him I was allergic to the stuff  taxi home 10-30 pm by this time.took from 3-30 to get sorted.  

Lainie and I have started a flare together , using the same drug

feeling awful, and keeping each other up to date with each others

progress Pity the medicals don't follow these forums they might

regard D.D with a little more sympathy and effort 

• Posted

Typical!! Just when you need them doctors shut and no number.  I hope you don't have too long a wait in A & E.  Let us know how things are going if you can.  Take Care.  Lainie
  • Posted

I don't believe  it !!!! O.K at the risk of repeating myself, I have tried to tell you , that

I rang 111 put through almost immediately to the doctor whose voice I recognised

from 3 months ago ,fortunately he remembered me and my dodgy D.D

So he faxed a prescription through to my pharmacy ,5 mins away. Bit of a problem with the fax machine  Sorted  , I ha my first dose of antibiotics at 4pm

Keflex and Metronidazole. Fingers crossed,  was going on holiday on Monday 

History surely repeats itself , I was going on holiday the last time it happened.

So, Thank you everybody for giving me a shove  xx 

• Posted

Sorry I must have got wrong end of stick or perhaps read too quickly. What a stroke of luck the doctor recognised you and got prescription sorted out quickly for you to start the antibiotics.  I hope you can still make your holiday x
    • Posted

Hello Lainie, to be honest I feel worse now after taking the tabs I am in bed and quaking with coldm my feet are freezing,and the pain has worsened,and my temp is 36..6  my tongue is starting to feel sore I did explain to the doctor that I was allergic to penicillin,but he still prescribed the  Keflex  He didn't prescribe anything before, just got 

me into hospital. Don't quite know what to do next .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.