Timing??

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am in the middle of a flare, and wondered how much pain I have to endure

before I call for help?? 

0 likes, 65 replies

65 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hello again Jacqueline...would have replied sooner but like you back on antibiotics and already feel washed out and just want to sleep but pain keeping me awake.

Would you be able to make it to your own G.P. tomorrow, especially being allergic to penicillian (same as me) you really shouldn't have been prescribed them. If you can't make it to doctor perhaps you could speak by 'phone and see what they suggest. 

• Posted

Whist you have been snoring ,I have been to the out of hours surgery 

at the hospital. Doctor said to stop the Keflex because of the penicillin 

just the other one and good old Paracetamol, and mebeverine when I

look like a Sumo wrestler in a frock He had a press in the Divi area,and said there was some tenderness, but should be better in 7

days.  I took a bag full of gear in case they kept me like last time 

IWorked on the principle of ""SODS LAW"" and he sent me home

He came very close to being hugged.

So Lainie, have a good night's sleep, and you know that you are

one day closer to being better,when you wake up.xx

• Posted

Well done you for getting it sorted!  I'm just heading back to bed now see if I can get to sleep this time.  Had paracetamol and hugging my hot water bottle! Hope you manage to sleep too and that we both feel better come morning.

Nite Nite x

• Posted

Morning Lainie,Just woke up 7am slept like the proverbial.Had coffee

and 2 paras can't have the anti until breakfast probably be scambled

eggs. I feel as though I have been in a rugby tackle, the divi pain is

sort of hovering,not too bad I am staying in bed today, holiday starts on Monday It's a long drive but I enjoy driving, and that is usually

the best part, getting there Do you mind if we keep tabs 0n each 

others progress ,as we both started together, and  both allergic to

penicillin. My head is non swimmy.now and 

, my tongue is back to normal.glad I only took one penicillin

Hope you slept well, and feel  little less hurting I still look like 

a Sumo wrestler!!!!sad

• Posted

Hope you both get over this quickly, it sounds awful! 

I had a mild attack this week, only lasted a day due to my eating a load of crap, that will teach me!!

• Posted

Hello D.G 3rd day ,pain can't make it's mind up  On my third Metronidazole was given drugs via drips the first bout in hospital,and the

the feelings seem to be quite different  Feel mega bloated and sore, 

that's a new one !! still. it is only my second attack Can't for the life of me know what set it off

7 days, the man said, should be O.K 

In bed at the moment feeling quite sorry for myself, supposed to be going away on holiday on Monday It's an exact repeat performance

as last time

• Posted

Glad yours was only mild.  I know I sometimes go mad and eat crap but trying to more careful now.  We were away last weekend and I think it was something a ate that started this off
  • Posted

hello Jackie...sorry only just got online and seen your messages.  I had a good night, in fact didn't want to get up this morning.  Like you I still feel like pain is hovering but it's a lot more tolerable than yesterday thank goodness.  Been in bed most of day but not long remembered hairdresser appointment soon.  Don't feel like going but my hair really needs attention and it might make me feel a bit more "human" getting it done.  Then it's the decision what to eat later as we usually have curry but think that's a no-no for me but luckily I made some last week which I froze so my other half has his sorted, good thinking on my part as I don't feel up to cooking tonight.  Keep me posted how you're getting on, hopefully antibiotics will kick up for both of us soon!

• Posted

HI Lainie, this day just went from ba to worse The pain has inreased, so I rang the surgery to see if they could put me in,explained everything.

Reply was, there are no vacancies. I said this is urgent ,so she said she would have a word with the doctor and ring me back, He has 

wtitten a prescription for you Buscopan No good ,i said I have DD 

and I need seeing  I told her to tell the doctor no thank you, and that

I would go and sit in the A&E for a couple of hours She said

"are you sure""? Can you top  that !!! THEN  my dongle ran out.

So teeth gritted shoved ma in the car and off we went to the mall

fortunely not too far away but loads of speed bumps felt every one of

them. Back in bed now, and just had an egg mayo on a thin

What I wanted to ask you after all that was,,,, which antibiotic are

you on, and how many have you taken ,so far ,and do you feel as

rubbish as I do, and how long does it take for them to kick in???

Hope you are up to answering all these questions

DONT eat the curry I think that's what set me off 

• Posted

I apolgise for the dread ful spelling .this machine just throws the letters

into the air and leaves them where they land

• Posted

Just got back from having hair done...looks good but realised when I looked in hairdressers mirror how dreadfull I look.  Look as if I've had no sleep for over a week and completely worn out.  Sorry to hear you're not so good and the problem with G.P.s.  Surely doctor read your notes and knows your history.  Anyway I'm on same antibiotic as before, Metronidazole 400mg, 3 times a day for 7 days then doctor wants to see me again. To be honest I think antibiotics take a couple of days to start and do anything. Started them yesterday evening so I've taken 3 so far.  Pain not as bad but like I said before it's "hovering".  Hope you feel better for your holiday break, will you be able to rest up over weekend and when you're away?
    • Posted

Cheer up Lainie I look like road kill at the moment seems we are both on the same track Iv'e had  3 as well   we will feel better tomorrow. I am going away , even if I have to sit on a cushion .If I feel ropey when I get

there I will just chill out in the hotel . The room overlooks lake 

Windermere  and there is a balcony to sit on and sip TEA.  

• Posted

Sounds just my cup of tea!!  lol...love Windermere we were there a couple of years ago.  Doctor told me to have a rest every afternoon and sleep if I could so don't over do it.  If you can chill while you're there all the better
    • Posted

have to tell you, that I feel a tad better,probably cos Iv'e had something 

to  eat and, the tabs are starting to work.

Just hope it doesn't rain next week because I go  riding, but not in the rain.

and the horses don't like getting wet

Wish I could control this machine !!!!

What did you have for dinner??

• Posted

Glad you feeling alittle better, I do too actually.  Well I left the curry to my husband tonight....smelled lovely but I resisted!!  I had gluten free pasta with salmon and I made a cheese sauce to go with it.  Tasted great actually, probably because I was hungry.  One more antibiotic to take now before bed.  Need an early night so will be going soon and hopefully get a good nights sleep tonight, hope you do too.
    • Posted

Morning Lainie, I know it's early and hopefully you are still asleep I'm in bed with a mug of coffee, feeling TONS better, which means--------that you feel better  too The problem is, we want the pills to start

working straight away,I suppose they do but it takes a while for them to get into top gear ,I'm going to enjoy my breakfast x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.