Tinea Versicolor

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, around 8 months ago in the summer I developed white blotches on my forehead that were not tanning and fairly prominent, they were completely smooth, my gp said it was tinear Versicolor and gave me some nitrozil shampoo which I used until it had finished. I then went on a hot holiday and the white blotches didn’t tan, around the blotches freckles appeared but not on the patches. The dr said it can take sometime for the patches to go away, I’ve therefore continued with some more shampoo and used natural treatments like lemon juice, Coconut oil and sodium bicarbonate, the weather is improving and again 8 months on the patches aren’t tanning or freckles coming back. Does anyone have any further advice?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.