Tingling in fingertips

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello all,

So I am trying not to freak out (yes I have health anxiety) but I have tingling in my fingertips that comes and goes throughout the day - does anyone else experience this? I only take one med - omeprazole (it may be from the meds) just curious....

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I do get that when my anxiety levels are up and my progesterone levels are down...usually when it is close to my period.  They also get a little reddish (like they're flush). 
  • Posted

Hi Dane,

I used to and it used to scare me to no end. I even had an MRI to rule out anything sinister. Thankfully it was a negative.

I believe it has something to do with anxiety and haven't really had it happen much if at all this past year. 

• Posted

Hiya

I used to get a bit of that. Always when I was reading in bed, started with pain in my shoulders tracking down my left arm. Had to lift my arm up and flex my fingers till feeling returned.

Thought it was here to stay, until..........I discovered Menopace Original!! UK's most used vit/min supplement, apparently.

Within weeks my aches and joint pains were a million times Better.

I don't take any prescribed meds and only began the Menopace in Jan. Truth is, I was probably so depleted in all the vit/mins, so it would benefit somehow.

Also tried a bit of Bioidentical progesterone cream: that probably helped with aches. Not sure if I want to take this anymore tho, as not sure if its making me bleed regularly??

Sx

• Posted

Yes I have had this.  Always in bed at night and used to wake me up.  Just went away by itself but has returned but not as bad.  Not linked to anxiety with me but I was worried about it until I read somewhere that tingling feet and hands is a symptom of the meno!!!!  Another one!!!!
  • Posted

There are times my fingers goes numb and tingle and yes I do have a lot of anxieties in me.
  • Posted

Hi it definately wont be your medication( unfortunately ) I know quite a lot about meds as keep getting perscriptions thrown at me everytime i see the GP, Omeprazole is for your stomach if you are feeling a bit sickly a lot. I dont know what the tingling could be probably due to bad circulation you should go and see your doctor to be sure, hope all is well X
  • Posted

Hi, I think this might be to do with B vitamins. I've had it a lot over quite a few years, usually at night, including numbness of hands. Also freezing hands. I'm taking B12 & B6 now.  xx
    • Posted

Thank you - I just had a ton of blood work done and b levels were normal...it's weird, in 2009 I had tingling all over my body for 6 months and then it went away, now it's back just in my hands...have had it for 2 days now...I always think the worst!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.