tingling in head, also hot and cold feeling in head

Posted , 2 users are following.

I recently was on a trip from Fl. to Va and halfway through the drive I felt this overwhelming hot feeling through my head and behind my ears. It scared me to death and I felt as though something terrible was happening to me.  I pulled over and started feeling a little better and thought ok that was a one time thing.  I continued driving and it started again but not nearly as intense as the first time.  This started on a Saturday afternoon and continued randomly through the day and that night as I was laying down it was constant but again not as intense as the first time.  So today is Thursday and I have been to the Dr. and EKG was perfect and carotid arteries sounded great all my labs were great but I still have this feeling.  Sometimes after i have a dull headache after I have that feeling in my head.  I have never been had any medical problems, has anyone experienced this and if so please help me shed some light on this.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi keeton, I've also suffer from these weird burning/cold/water droplets feeling in my head sometimes feel like something is walking and of course, when it first happened 5 yrs ago I was laying in my bed havibg trouble to sleep, I inmediately freaked out and thought the worst like a stroke, tumor or worms inside my brain, but I had a ct scan and it didn't show anything out of place, so my doctors and psychologist assumed that I just was somatizing (having physical symptoms without a physical cause) due to my extreme anxiety crisis.

If you're an anxiety or depression sufferer, it is normal to experience this. You can have an mri or ct scan to reassure but I believe you have nothing to worry about and it'll turn out okay.

Best wishes and hope you feel better, xx.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.