Tingling sensations In The Legs

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone experience tingling in their legs? I've been off and on Citalopram for about one week or so and started experiencing severe tingling in my legs at bed time. I be been taking 40m of Cit. For

over a year now and don't like the extreme food cravings and weight gain despite my discipline

health regime. I'm finding the withdrawals on this medication horrific and want off. Would like to know if anyone else is experiencing the tingling legs?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Terry16565

I have been weening off since 1/1/14. I have been taking 20mgs for over a year. Yes I had tingling, forgetfulness, and blurred vision. I have cut my pills in half and then in half again. This is the 3rd week. I feel good. The tingling has gone away and I have some trouble with being too tired and not being able to fall asleep. I wish you luck and keep it up. I also have gained a lot of weight despite the fact I am active. We are all going to defeat this medication.

• Posted

Hi Terry,

Yes - I had extreme leg almost cramping from stopping cit abruptly in June 2012.

I was on 10 mgs every other day and stopped, the leg cramps and flu symptoms started about the tail end of week 2 and by week 3 I couldn't take it any more. I went back on 10 every other day and the withdrawal symptoms were gone within a day and a half . I am trying now again almost a year and a half later , but much much slower. However I have different symptoms this time - severe scalp itching and just plain body itching mostly at night , which is strange. I also in week 2 if my reduction developed mouth blisters. I am now on 2.5 MSG a day - I think this is week 4 and I plan to stay with 2.5 NSF for at least another 6 weeks. Oh, I had a lit of dizziness and a few zaps at first , but so far this time no leg issues. I feel for you , they're the worst ! I found a lot of good info from Marbel and Gillian's posts with respect to not skipping days , even though that was my dosage for about 12 years.

I wish you luck and like others day here - go slow, slow. Oh yeah I forgot I still don't sleep well either , started some melatonin this week , which has helped a little.

Please keep us posted of your effort .

Best - Michelle

• Posted

Sorry for all the typos in my post above - using the dang iPhone / autocorrect...
  • Posted

Thank you all for your support I see the Dr today to see how to effectively weaned off this medication. I will think twice before succumb to another anti-depressant. I can manage my moods on my own now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.