Tingly feeling is i t anxiety?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello I have suffered with health anxiety for a few months now, recently I have started getting a fuzzy tingling type feeling mainly in my legs and back and back of my head when sitting or laying down. I looked on google (know its the worst thing I can do lol) and came up with anxiety just wanted to know if anyone else gets this. Thank you

1 like, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Tingling is a part of an anxiety disorder. There are nerves everywhere.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

The most common symtoms people feel (and there a many others but these are classic). *Sudden overwhelming fear*

Palpitations

Sweating

Trembling/shaking

Shortness of breath

Sense of choking

Chest pain

Nausea

Dizziness

A feeling of being detached from the world (de-realization)

Fear of dying or going crazy

Numbness or tingling in the limbs or entire body anywhere

Chills or hot flushes (cold sensations or heat sensations anywhere on the body)

headaches and visual changes

know anxiety reaction effect 70% of the body so so many weird things can be felt

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. Yes I have had some of these but the tingly sensation is the weirdest feeling for me. I have seen the doctor and have had some bloods which came back as raised for inflammation so I was worrid that sensation was something more serious 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Did the doctor say anything how to lower the inflammation. I think so much of all the above symptoms are related to inflammation in the body honestly. I have had tingling stuff and on my face, arms..very strange indeed. One was sinus infection related. This whole thing is unsettling. I know asthmatics can  get tingling on there back and lip or chin when they get inflammed..a pediatrician once explained that to me. I think its just cause and effect. I hope you feel better. 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Nope doctor has not been very good but said he thinks its sinuses & I have another blood test too check inflammation levels on thursday hopefully they have gone down if not I want more tests done. Yes I also suffer with asthma and sinus problems so not sure if related too that xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I used to have tingling so bad when I would lay down for bed I thought for sure I had MS. I was very surprised to learn that no medical professional was the least bit surprised about this symptom of anxiety.  It seems scary because you can't imagine it isn't real but I think the most telling thing is that probably do not have this symptom (or many others) unless you start down that anxiety spiral.  I can go all day without a care in the world until I think about anxiety or start to stress out and then suddenly they are there.  

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi thanks for the reply yeah I was so worried I had MS. Out of all the anxiety symptoms this is the 1 that I cannot seem too get rid of. I ma at doctors tomorrow so will explain it too him but as you say I reckon its probably anxiety x
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up