tinnitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just been discharged by ENT consultant, had MRI , hearing test, all clear his remarks ...it's old age learn to live with it........maybe he should try living with it when the only time you don't hear it is when you are asleep....

there might be no cure  and  you can't die from it but they could be at least a bit more sympathiet ..... Moan over

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

its rotten isent it. if its more trouble some at night you can buy a music pillow which you plug your phone or i pad into you can play music to help distact from the other noise have you tried a chiropracter  sometimes adjustments help .,and i find collidaul silver in the ears helps , have you looked at  any  tinnitus help sites

there are natrual products  that some people find helpful .

• Posted

Thanks  for info. I am lucky that my tinnitus is not very loud. The ENT consultand offered me an hearing aid with white noise but I declined.  I just get annoyed that when you become a certain age it seems you are not worth helping. I asked about the new drug that's being tried in UK and he said  not for age related tinnitis 
    • Posted

yes i know what you mean ,its like we dont count weve passed our useful stage just chuck us on the useless pile

.proberly didnt give you the meds because they wouldnt work for age on set  type tinnitus , but it does sound personal when they dont explain why not. properly .

• Posted

Yes even if it was true they could be more diplomaic
  • Posted

Hi Sandy sorry to hear about your results with the ENT. Sandy I have a suggestion for you that has worked wonders for me at least temporarily, however odd it may sound....I discovered that when I put my head lower than my feet I get subsequest relief from the noice and it can last several hours. This is what happened I got tinitus out of the blues one evening. My left ear started ringing, making noices and bloated, feeling full...went to ENT and told me the same after several texts...so one day while sitting in my sofa I felt the urge to do a hand stand but it was impompisible, however after trying several time...I decided to knee on the sofa and put my head down as If I were going to put it on the floor and when I came up...a few moments later tinnitus was gone...I have been doing the head down thing ever since and even though if I dont do it tinnito comes back...this excercise is able to stop it for a while...you may want to give it a try...goid luck
  • Posted

Sandy...in case you'd like to try the up side down position...you just hold your head down for perhaps more or less 30 seconds and come up carefully and wait a few minutes and hopefully youll see relief as I do....and last several hours for me...even the entire day
  • Posted

i av tinitus both ears following a radical mastoidectomy last year as anyone ad this opp please advise will it ever go away

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.