Tinnitus?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone suffer from tinnitus? I have been getting it recently for the past month. I don't think I've had it in both ears, but I could be wrong. It happens recently with mostly my right ear. It lasts a few seconds. I googled to see if anyone has been getting this problem and I came across, low and behold - a tumor ! 

It made my anxiety go sky high to say the least. Now I'm worrying if I have an acoustic neuroma brain tumor. Ha.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am worried about a brain tumor also cause my vision and the way my head feels but if u Google symptoms like we have u will c stuff u don't need to
  • Posted

Yep for about 7 years. All different noises at different times but inyave tmj which is the root.
  • Posted

The chances of it being a tumor are tiny and the fact it comes and goes is good for you probably allergy related
  • Posted

Brain tumours Come with a lot more severe symptoms.. I won't tell you what as you'll look out for them lol if tinnitus is the only symptom you get and it comes on when you're worried then it will most likely be benign. Speak to your GP by all means. But I get it if I'm having a particulate anxious day, as soon as I calm down take a deep breath it'll quiet and quiet then I'll eventually forget about it and it'll go smile
  • Posted

Hi

I've had tinnitus for 22 years and it's cronic and deafening state.

I have it 24/7 365 days and i get bad head pain also.

No cure are available to date and no gp will help you as they simply can't prescribe anything.If it eases your mind by all means ask for  a MRI scan.

Tinnitu is heard by nearly all of the population but it is usually just a quick blast weather quiet or loud and then it's gone. I think you need not worry that it is a symptom of a brain tumor as your symtoms would be worst and different.

Tinnitus is currently thought of as the brain making up the deficiency of freqencies missing and it tries to replicate theose pitches or freqencies that it feels are missing.Damage to the ears through loud music with earphones and work related is also a cause.

In my case i had it when i was about 18 yrs old but a mental breakdown caused my chronic tinnitus and it happend instantly, but i know people that went to bed quiet and woke up with tinnitus.Wierd Hey!.

The royal institute for the deaf maybe able to ease your mind(it now called Action on hearingloss) and supply some info to what you can do to try and cope with it.Tinnitus is generally a permanent condition.

I hope you don't get it constantely and i would sympathise if you did as it is a truely debilitating condition.

Try the link below.

I wish you quietness.

Good luck.

Yod.

https://www.actiononhearingloss.org.uk/

• Posted

Tinnitus is often called ringing in the ears that causes damage and loss of the tiny sensory hair cells of the inner ear. It may also sound like ringing, buzz, hissing, chirping, whistling, or other sounds. This noise in ear basically come from inside your body, rather than from an outside source. 

Causes Of Tinnitus:-

1.Ear and sinus infections

2. Noise-induced hearing loss

3.Certain medicines

4. Unhealthy habits or food

and many reasons which occur tinnitus.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.