tinnitus and visual snow

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have always been that bright little kid that smiled at everyone and laughed at the stupidest things. I still am, but ever since the ringing in my ears started, everything has seemed to just go downhill. I'm always so depressed and scared of what the future will bring. I'm always thinking about things like how tinnitus has affected me, and how well i will be able to cope with it in the future. It seems like the severity of impact tinnitus is leaving on me keeps oncoming and going. Some days i feel great, other days i feel so tired of it I feel like dying. I feel like i have everything in control, and then something comes up and i end up where i was before, stressed and frustrated. I'm always thinking about all the diseases and problems I will have to face in the future and I'm so scared because I don't know if i'll be strong enough to face it. Just recently I started worrying about my vision because I could see these very very tiny dots everywhere, they weren't moving, they were kind of just like someone put a sheet of transparent paper with so many dots you cant really pinpoint one over my eyes and now I have to deal with it for who knows how long?? I've heard the condition is called visual snow and nobody knows what the cause is and theres no treatment, just like tinnitus. I am so tired of being so anxious and depressed over the health problems I am getting especially when I don't even know what caused it??? and to know that there is no cure or treatment just makes me feel so hopeless because how would i know if one day i could go blind? or if one day i could go deaf? I don't even know what to do to prevent it from becoming even worse because nothing seems to have a solid answer. Everything is kind of just maybe it'll work, maybe it won't. I'm only 13 but i feel like my whole life is going to be so depressing and tiring. I feel so mentally unstable and I dont want to stress my parents out anymore than they already are so I don't ask to go see a doctor. 

Could anyone help with providing me any answers? Does anyone know how to cope with depression or with tinnitus and visual snow?

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm also finding it hard to concentrate in class? Whenever I try reading something my eyes are so distracted from the dots my brain just shuts down on it and doesn't bother at all. It's really affecting me and my grades because I just can't concentrate or listen to anything anymore without being reminded about tinnitus and visual snow. 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

darling , have you seen your GP I also suffered tinnitis and always belived an association with my depression/anxiety however this may not be the case for you get checked and search for happiness dont give in your so young deserve a happy life keep the faith my friend all the best!
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you for taking the time out to reply to me stevo1975!! I really appreciate it. I have been to the doctors twice or so (about 2 months ago) and I'm having an ear test this tuesday (my mum booked it just recently), so I hope they'll be able to find whats wrong with my ears. 

Thank you again for the support!! 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi, I have tinnitis and always thought there was a connection however maybe there isnt. I do play in a band and have done for years which wont be helping my cause wink take care Christine ! 

Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up