Tired!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi ladies

Im 15 days post op after a rectocele repair,ive had a really easy time,no pain just discomfort,however im always tired. I have been resting well but my husband thinks i should be able to do cart wheel by now,because he cant see the scars he thinks im fine now.

I dont want to go out shopping or walking around garden centers,i potter around the house cleaning,washing up and vacuuming. Its really depressing me that he calls me a couch potato. Its not helping that he keeps moaning all the time and telling me how much weight i have put on. I just feel so tired,i have always worked shifts and been quite active but now i have no energy at all x

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Tracey

Why are cleaning, vacuuming etc? I got a chart when to start activities and things like that are a few weeks off yet! You have internal stitches that you don't want coming undone! I don't know if I can take a photo of the chart and post on here but I dot think so but happy to send to you via e mail or any other way if you'd like me to xxx

• Posted

Thanks Rosie,i think my husband just thinks im being lazy sad x
    • Posted

Hi Rosiepix,

Your chart sounds a really good idea. Where did you get it from? I was wondering about a chart.

Sarah

• Posted

Hi Sarah

I was given it by the hospital. Happy to send by e mail if you want it . I can't see a way of putting it on here . X

• Posted

you should be resting and not vacuuming, cleaning house, bending and lifting, I'm so sorry that your husband is not so empathetic. I took my husband from the very first doctors appointment and he went with me to all the rest including postoperative one. This helped him understand what I was going through and what was expected of myself and him for my complete recovery. He still does all the vacuuming and I'm 17 weeks now and I'm still guarding my recovery. Maybe your husband can go with you to one of your appointments or read some information on your condition.

In the meantime take your time in healing, and in pray for a complete recovery for you.

• Posted

Thankyou Diann,i think im going to stay with my mum for awhile which will mean jumping on a train as i cant drive yet x
  • Posted

It took around three - four weeks for the anaesthetic to get out of my system. I would fall asleep at the drop of a hat. I did not take over any of the household chores from my husband till around eight weeks. I still haven't hoovered yet and am nearly 14 weeks post surgery.

I would hate to hear in a few weeks time that you are suffering as doing too much now

• Posted

Thanks Barbara,i fall asleep watching tv,reading and finding it difficult to get out of bed sometimes due to feeling so weak and tired x
  • Posted

Hi Tracey,

I agree with the others. I am 12 days post op and have done a little light washing up but that's it. Still tired and having a nap each afternoon. Worried re pushing myself and so undoing the op. Look after yourself and take it easy. I was definitely told no vacuumin for at least 12 weeks.

Take it easy.

• Posted

Thanks Sarah,my husband thinks i am just being lazy because i am tired. We have had work done on our house and he is busy decorating when he comes home from work,he just keeps huffing and puffing all the time x
    • Posted

Let him huff and puff! Go to your mums , having said that get someone to carry your case! Look after yourself! Xxx
    • Posted

Im just booking my ticket now Rosiepix,thankyou,i have a case on wheels so i will be ok,can you send me that chart again lovely please,its fuzzy when i zoom in xx
    • Posted

Resent X you have to put the 3 photos I've sent you in a row for it to make sense X maybe print it off if you're able? X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.