Tired!!! - 10 weeks off Mirtazapine.

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

10 weeks off Mirtazapine.

Jumped from 3.75mg.

Still tired almost everyday, really tired.

Like I could easily go back to sleep a few hours after I've gotten up in the morning.

Also, some rare anxiety surges.

Can someone relate? Withdrawal I hope?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have had a similar experience. Short term benefits was getting a good nights sleep although tired the rest of the time. Came off this drug and back to poor sleep pattern and constantly tired. May as well not bothered
  • Posted

Yes, withdrawal, though you are lucky you aren't having the rebound insomnia that so many get!  You are able to sleep ok at night?

The anxiety surges are also withdrawal.  If you can tolerate these symptoms and recognize them for what they are and not get anxious about them, then try to ride them out.  Your system will heal the rest of the way eventually.  The withdrawal community talks about "windows" and "waves" of withdrawal.  Sometimes you will have a window and feel great and think you are out of the woods, and then go into a wave where you have symptoms again, but over time the windows will get longer and the waves shorter until they are gone altogether.

Congratulations on getting off the M!

• Posted

Yes I'm sleeping OK.

Tonight I got 8 hours. Interrupted halfway though by a screaming 2 year old. That does not help the tiredness either! smile

• Posted

betsy, are you off mirtazapine? how long you've been on it?

tell me more.. how long did the withdrawals last etc...

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up