Tired

Posted , 9 users are following.

Am i the only one that thinks the whole 'you can talk to me' all over social media is bull. If it came down to it people dont actually want to listen to you.

I went to the doctors once and told them i feel like hurting myself all the time and their reply was 'download a app'!

I am tired and done with life but i would never take my life, just maybe dissapear

Anyone is relate?

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

yes i get your drift CARLY IVE been on setraline 150 mg for two years no improvement had 16 weeks of therapy for deep routed issues and depression which involved great honesty ob my part . EVALUED as needing longterm treatment that would require weekly sessions but uoshot would have to wait on NHS LISTfor 1 year or pay privately . NOT the beat thing you want to hear so i counsel myself but feel totally let down

• Posted

agree with all that has been said. so much" we need to talk" from everyone, but nobody is listening. waited six months for CBT get six sessions of generally pointless things to do like relaxation exercises and filling out a diary of what I do and how I feel (Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out I feel bad all the time)and that's it, now referred for counselling, one year waiting list.

GP not interested, just tablets and no support or sympathy.

• Posted

I so absolutely agree Carly. It's a way of cutting corners and cheapskating to save money - develop an App so you dont have to employ real people with real training and real experience. I dont want a virtual discussion or a virtual doctor or some algorithm giving me trite responses that could have been written for anyone at anytime. We are people, we need listening to and a response determined by our own very individual circumstance. I can trawl the internet for myself and see all the cliched rubbish if I so desire - if that's all that was needed we'd all be instantly cured by all that spurious crapola. We're often told by GPs and consultants that self diagnosis determined by internet research is dangerous and not the best option - well now, they should take their own advice when it comes to mental health as well as physical health - we know we can find reams of platitudes online but does that answer our questions and will it help us get well.....most definitely not! The stress of getting proper treatment on top of the stress of what is already bothering us eh.

• Posted

hi Carly, it's all nonsense. You don't need any of their rubbish spouted at you, even if you're depressed it doesn't make you able to think anything. You're doctor is disgrace, i would definitely complain. I went to do this same thing as you last week and my doctor asked for a crisis team to help me, not a stupid app! If you went to a and e with a cut off thumb would they offer you a 'virtual' bandage? Ridiculous!!!

• Posted

I'm not much of a complainer to be honest or I would, I agreed these days everything is just social media or virtual it's crazy

• Posted

I agree! It's all bullshxt. My CBT therapist signed me off after 4 sessions. My doctirs said I've 'exhausted all options'. I have no-one to talk to that really unserstands or gives a shxt anyway so I just have to keep going day to day waiting for a miracle or death.

• Posted

i agree with all this. pills, cbt etc, still not better. as if body cant fix no matter what they try

• Posted

Have you tried mindfulness? Or dark chocolate with more than 70 per cent cocoa solids, may not help but tastes good!😋

• Posted

i didnt have much success with mindfulness but i have now started dark chocolate after dinner.

• Posted

There's never an excuse to miss out on chocolate!

• Posted

I feel totally on my own, trying to get through each day, with no help or understanding from my GP...like you, I feel like dying, but to be honest, I wouldn't have the nerve to take my own life...I just want these feelings to end....its a constant struggle, that has me in tears a lot...

• Posted

Sorry to. Intervene but you can speak to us whenever you like. Just speaking to peopleay make you feel good and get a different doctor!

• Posted

Just read your post again and your last comment really echoes how I feel - I could never commit suicide but I too, as you state, am tired of it all and I wish it would all just go away. Tired of struggling just to function, tired of everything always being uphill and a battle. Tired of never getting any real help to overcome the hurdles and help me be just normal. I constantly dream of finding a warm safe cave somewhere and becoming a hermit with my only contact with the outside world being the occasional bat.

• Posted

i agree wholeheartedly

i see a councellor through a charity mental health place i self reffered to. my therapist wrote to my gp to try and get me specific counselling for my bpd. they wrote back to my counsellor saying that the community mental health team cannot and will not be proving me with mental health support. im 36 and since my early 20s i have been battling feelings of deep depression and suicdal thoughts. as well as symptoms of bdp. i was discharged from hopsital a year and a half ago after making an attempt on my own life... i was discharges after 2 days with no follow up. when i got home i went to my gp. i told her, i have everything in place, ive written notes to my whole family, prepared a will and arranged guardianship for my child etc a feel like im going to do something to myself. she looked at me as though id just ruined her morning and said to me 'well i dont know what you want me to say.. you have come in here to tell me you want to kill yourself. ' then she referred me to urgent mental health team or crisis team and sent me on my way. it was nearly 4 weeks later i got an appt through for cpn. i get that services are stretched but what happened to preventative measures in care. in hospital if they find out you are pre diabetic or something.. they begin to try to prevent it getting worse ( the drs dont wait until a person is n a diabetic coma before they treat a person) so why cant it be the same with mental health services. why wait until someone is at the point where they have tipped the edge before offering help

im so sorry for the long rant.. im just frustrated. we as people with mental health problems should not have to continually fight with professionals for the help we need. no wonder some people never ask for help and suffer in silence

lisa

• Posted

Hi llisa, do you really know what the problem is? They have cut the budgets everywhere in health, it helps to privatise the whole service. What annoys is not the fact that they've cut the services or support they can't then provide any more support or anything like that, it's those who ABUSE the system selfishly for their own gain it means less support for others. How oh how do they sleep at night? Do they have any consciences? Are they going to apologise for what they have done? I would like to bet they never will! It's those people who really make my blood boil. NHS - it was CREATED for all, not the priviledged few. Don't get me started!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.