Tired all the time for days. Anybody else?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, for the past few days I've had very bad anxiety. Basically months ago I started having nausea that would last days, go away for a month of two and then come back for a few days. Went to my Dr. because I was scared that I have stomach cancer(i'm 20) and he said it's not. Especially with the way my nausea goes by itself. Anyway a few days ago I had very very bad chest pain. Went to the ER and was given blood tests and what not. Everything is fine. Iron levels are fine no anemia or anything. But I feel very tired despite sleeping 8 hours. I've always been a tired person but it seems worse lately and i'm worried it means I have stomach cancer. And it seems like the worry and thinking about being tired makes it all worse. Is it normal for you to feel drained due to anxiety and stress? I'm really scared. Please help!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have found anxiety causes tirdness and headaches i was in the same postion as u I took a sinius infection when it cleared i still didn't feel right thought somthing wrong but all was clear it was anxiety get sore chest when panic try relaxing hot bath I like a hot water bottle it seems to calm me and also on medication from doctor

• Posted

Hello,

Yeah I often feel the same. Like I am dragging myself around all day through tiredness and full body aches.

Anxiety is draining, it's a constant pressure and stress on your body living 24/7 in fight or flight mode so you're bound to be tired. It could also be psychological tiredness with you thinking your tired.

Anxiety also goes hand in hand with depression and tiredness is a little sign of mild depression or low mood.

Try calming your body and the tiredness should ease. Propranolol has helped a lot more me. Had no joy on antidepressants yet either sadly.

• Posted

Hi Thomas how muchpropranolol are u on I'm on the same but getting headaches

• Posted

Hello, I take 10mg in the morning about 8am then again at 12. I find that calms my body enough to get through work. It stops the shake's,. Dizziness and tremors for me. I skip the evening one as I get some crazy nightmares on it though.

10mg seems perfect for me. I even managed a night out in town with it! Something that before propranolol, drinking, crowded bars etc would have drove the social anxiety to extremes and I'd make up a reason not to go.

The 80mg slow release KO'd me though but I know people that are fine with it. It's about finding that balance.

Don't worry about it slowing you down to much either. The first few days you are tired but I can still manage 2-3 hours swimming on them perfectly fine.

• Posted

I am worried about my stomach too. I have been diagnosed with acid reflux and my bloods are fine but I also have intermittent nausea, indigestion and feeling choked up. It's very scary, I've not been sleeping despite getting reasured by my GP and I am definitely drained! I'm hitting a point of being absolutely exhausted from worrying so long. I know what you'er going through! Talk to your GP about an h pylori test and food allergies if your nausea is intermittent. These are simple blood tests and if they come back positive you have a reason for the nausea, which will hopefully relieve the anxiety. I have also been told by a nutritionist that when we're scared and tense we clench our stoamch muscles and it takes blood away from the region, creating nausea. This is easily Googled if you need any more reassurance. Good luck, hope you get to the bottom of it - I know how scary it can be and am officially on a quest now to rid myself of the symptoms I've been having!

• Posted

Same! Just yesterday for the firs time I experienced feeling full and a bad stomach ache! It gets worse and worse. But i'm keeping my head high. I'll be trying to get to my doc to take an H pylori test. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.