Tired and down today :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I've been on Citalopram 10 mg for 4 1/2 weeks. I've been sleeping better and my bad thoughts are basically gone. But today I've been really tired (slept good last night) and feel really down. I actually cried today from how down I feel. I haven't felt down enough to cry in a couple weeks. Just keep thinking if I'm going to feel like this all my life. Also still feeling foggy/groggy headed. Thinking may be I need to talk to my prescriber about increasing my dose. I want to stop worrying about my anxiety and depression.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Daisy,  You are only 4 1/2 weeks in, still early on, but pretty normal to still be going through this. It will take a bit longer before you start to feel more like you again. I think I would give it another week or 2, and fi you are still feeling this way, give your doctor a call, they may need to increase to 20 mg., but then you will have to start your count from day 1 to a good 5-6 weeks again.  That is all normal.  I have been on Cital 20 mg. for 3 years, and I have more good days than off days, but even now I will still have an off day, or as some call them "blips", and that is ok, it is also normal.  Only now, I know what to do to get myself through them, and I am fine.  Remember, you can always stop by here, we are here for you, and we have all gone through it, or are going through it, so the people on this forum have great advice for you, and lots of understanding!  You hang in there, keep up the good work!!  You will be fine!!  And, we are here for you!!  Good Luck!! 
    • Posted

Thank u so much. Feel like I'm going back to where I was at before starting the medication. I felt like they started to work and now I feel like I'm right back at square 1. Having trouble sleeping and worrying again.
  • Posted

Morning Daisy,

You may not believe me, but what I read from your post is positively good news. I 'll try not to go over the top here okay, but it is!

At 4 ½ weeks on Cita I was still curled up under me emergency duvet wanting the world to go away. It is really good to hear posotive news on this forum. Everything you have said shows that Cita is working and you are already seeing changes for the better and moved a step or two forward too. Honestly, you are thinking about the things that are happening to you and already looking at how you can move forward and get better and get passed all the cr*p.

Now, you have to try and remember and it isn't always easy, that as you move forward you may have the odd day or days when you feel like things are going backwards, this is usual. Each time you go forward store that positivity so that if (and only if) you have a relapse you will remember things have got better and it is only a temporary blip or blips. I had so many blips it sounded like morse code lol!

When you do see your prescriber remember to let she/he know what has and is happening with you, how you feel and how you are beginning to move forward. Keeping up regular contact and discussions with she/he helps them to make appropriate decisions accordingly in their part in your recovery. With you, them and us things can only get better, but (there's that 'but' again) it can take time so, the last thing you want (apart from getting better) is to rush it or over worry (even over think it). Just go with the flow no matter how rough it may or may not be and little by little you will get there. It can be so subtle sometimes we don't always realise how much we have moved forward.

Anyway, that's enough for now or you'll be falling asleep again!

Rest when you need to, do stuff when you have the inclination and/or energy and try to remain positive. If you can get out and about that does help. Afterall it is the weekend, 'but' no 'partying' that'll only put you back - unless you have soft (healthy) drinks and loadsa dancing to get yer seretonin levels up, which we can recommend!

Well done Daisy!

Regards,

David

• Posted

I swear at time I feel like your a spokes person for Citalopram lol. You always give such good advice but I know it's because you've been through this before. It's just such a long process and I'm not patient at all. I want the quick fix. I have to learn how to stop being so negative. But it's what I'm use to since I was young. I know I have have to do part of the work to get better instead of sitting here saying I'm never going to get better.
    • Posted

I WISH!

I wouldn't need to be looking for a job at the moment if the pharmaceuticals (had to get the other half to spell that for me) would pay me, maybe I could ask, lol!

I also need to get off this forum sometimes and off me ar*e and get some exercise as I keep promoting that too!

Like many of us what we have done in the past can store up problems for the future physically and mentally. So, chill girl, there's a new you just over the horizon and we're all here to help eachother and you get to where we should be. It is as easy and simple as that, the way things have gone (and still going, sadly) in society are not natural. Lifestyle is false, processed and unhealthy and humans are definitely not a resource!

None of us wanted to be here, but we are and we are learning about life and ourselves and we should take this opportunity (see I can even be positive about being ill!) to better ourselves and others. Who knows how far we can go. Weirdly it's a kind of adventure in a way or maybe I'm just plain NUTS! Lol!

Have a good one I'm off to shed some lard!

Regards,

David

• Posted

I am in the same boat

Almost 5 weeks on 10 milligrams. I wonder if I will ever be normal. The anxiety is overwhelming.I hope that you get To 100 percent soon. David's comments give me hope.

• Posted

Hi Viablex, I'm also on 10mg and 5 and a half weeks in and it's been really tough, I do believe the medication has made my anxiety worse to the point I've had some panic attacks which I hadn't had for years. However I was heading in that direction anyway and was told by a good friend of mine that my anxiety could increase when starting the medication, I've also been advised to give the medication its absolute proper chance to work therapeutically I should be willing to wait between 7 and 12 weeks. Sounds tough I know but that's what I aim to do before reflecting on how helpful the mess have been. Wishing you well on your journey.
    • Posted

Sounds like such a long time sad I think if they foggy feeling in my head was gone, I would be able to deal with everything else. Had a bad day yesterday. Honestly felt like I did in the beginning. Trying to take it one day at a time
    • Posted

I think that is great attitude to have. I wonder somtimes if I will ever get back to work

I hope you have a great day tomorrow I think the general public has no idea. How debilitating and uncomfortable this syndrome can be.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up