Tired of being tired!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all,

i haven't had a period for 3 months, I'm 47, in peri now for 2 1/2 years also on HRT( being on for 4months)

although I haven't had a period being still getting the symptoms stomach hurting, nausea extremly bad reflux, migranes/ headaches and discharge? 

Like a creamy colour, (sorry).

and feeling extremly tired like I haven't slept for days,

i have 8-9hrs sleep and still feel tired?

so I guess being soooooo tired and this discharge are the two worrying things at the moment for me?

can someone reccommend what I should take for this or do I ignore this?

thanks quite puzzling isn't it?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shelly, I still have periods anytime between 20 and 50 days. Since the last year I feel sooooo tired. I eat well, started doing moderate exercise every day, walk every day, sleep 8 to 9 hours, no serious medication, time to time some vitamins, do not drink alcoholic beverages, and still I am so sleepy and tired every day. I am able to sleep in a bus, During lunch in cafeteria or during a work meeting I struggle with a need to close my eyes and .... have a sweet nap!
  • Posted

It could be the Progesterone replacement making you tired.  It does me and I have been recommended, on here and by my GP that I get the Progesterone from the Mirena coil, so you get it where you need it! Not passing the through the body which if taking orally or by patch, it does, in turn giving you many more side effects.  I am having the coil fitted on Monday and will report how I get on with it on here. Good luck x
    • Posted

That is interesting about the coil. I had not heard of it until on this page. I would google it to read up on it, but every time I google I end up worse off than when I started (dying and planning my funeral) ugh! It's awful.

It seems like raising your progesterone and balancing the opposing estrogen or doing things to lower estrogen is the goal in peri? I guess until you run out of estrogen? Idk. Maybe someone can help me out with that. Good luck with the coil. I hope the procedure goes well. ((Hugs))

• Posted

Oestrogen makes you feel good, unless you have too much then it can give you migranes. Progesterone is the awful hormone you have to take to prevent cancer and has loads of awful side effects

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.