Tired of this menopause roller coaster ride!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Ladies

Why do some women seem to just breeze through menopause and I just feel like I'm dying? Was doing really well for a few months and now the fatigue, and stomach issues are back with a vengeance. I'm almost 56 and am sooooo tired of this.....If I could just feel half like the person I was a few years ago I'd be happy. Right now I'm pretty much useless. My gastritis has flared up and I'm trying to be patient with bland diet etc.

Ok....I'm finished venting. Thanks for listening to me! 😀

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi

How long are you going through this? I'm 51 and the past 5 years been hell..I'm so tired.!! My stomach problems ended a few months back..now I'm dealing with horrible aches on my lower back shoulders and neck..can't move special in the morning can't dress I'm soo stiff!!!

I see women our age range and they are happy a few hot flashes and done!!

Thank god for this site!!! So scary!!!

smile

• Posted

Hi Maria,

I'd say about 21/2 years so far. I figure probably longer but I just adapted to the symptoms. The stomach issues started 2 1/2 years ago....Mostly gnawing feeling, feeling like food just sits there and lump in my throat feeling with sore throat and burning tongue. It will get bad for a few weeks then will ease off or go away for a week or two. I had endoscopy 10 months ago which looked good on visual and biopsies showed signs of chronic gastritis and some inflammation. Went on PPI drug for a few months then weaned down to Ranitidine and that's been doing good up until a few weeks ago. I have bad health anxiety and, of course worry about it thinking the worst like stomach cancer or something. My brain tells me not to be so foolish since I just had endoscopy and it's just gastritis...But you know how this health anxiety is. You give me some hope when you say your stomach problems have ended.

I'd say I'm getting to the midst of the menopause stuff.Had partial hysterectomy 14 months ago with ovaries left in. Was having a period every few months up to then. I have heard that even with ovaries in after uterus is removed they usually fail within a year so think that's what's happening.

The tiredness is bad too. I just don't feel like myself anymore.

• Posted

I went through all the stomach issues you mentioned above still get acid reflux but I would take my med for a few days and goes away.. it will go away, I went through all the test like you... now I'm worrying about my back thinking the worst, and getting so anxious!!

• Posted

We are a mess, aren't we? Lol. I'm sure your back issues will pass too. It's frustrating though and with health anxiety it really tends to make things worse. I was just telling my husband the other day that I was never looking forward to getting a few years older as much as I am now.

It really helps to have people here on this board that we can vent to and who truly understand. Thank you.

• Posted

Omg I thought I was going crazy like something was wrong , I had a bad cold it seemed like forever, I always feel like a had a lump in my thoart and my tongue feels at times like it's to big for my mouth. I am 46 years old, going to be 47 in march I feel like past couple months Premanpause is hitting me bad!! Health anxiety has also gotten worse.

• Posted

Hi, what really helped me was drinking Jamaica juice, hibiscus tea a bit concentrated. I was having stomach issues a few months ago & drank the tea issues gone. Give it a try, you can Google recipes online or just make the tea. We use it to cure a few ailments, and have seen it work

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Thank you Sochima. I've never heard of Jamaica juice. I will definitely look into them! 😀

• Posted

tmpearce,

All I can try to offer is the answer to your question: Why do some women seem to just breeze through menopause and I just feel like I'm dying?

When we reach menopause, what this really signifies is that our ovaries are no longer producing enough estradiol/testosterone and progesterone to support periods any more.  But those hormones are still being produced, and will be at this lower level sometimes for years.  For those women who "breeze" through menopause, it often is that their hormone production (and it's decline) are slow, smooth and steady.  For the most part, the production keeps up with the women's individual need.  But for every women, that decline continues, and eventually it drops off to just about nothing.  So for the women who did that slow, steady decent, she isn't as bothered with meno symptoms as the women who falls quickly.  

In addtion, all of our hormone systems work together.  Meaning that our secondary steroid system (our sex steroids) is also interconnected with insulin, thyroid and also the hormones from our adrenal glands.  They all support one another.  So slowly those hormone systems must also adjust to the lack of estradiol/testosterone/progesterone.  Sometimes all the things that we feel, and all the problems, are related in a secondary way to losing our sex steroids.  Like a womens thyroid goes whacky, or her adrenal glands are stressed and over producing, or she will become insulin resistant.  These changes in other hormone systems, also then give us physical problems.

This is a major change in hormonal life is a game changer.  Not unlike, going from childhood into puberty.  Some of those were also uncomfortable years, but once we adjusted and hit our stride we ran very well.

I hear you, I understand, and I am also struggling with all the feelings and problems.  What is really a problem, is we are doing what nature intended, we are heading to that final stage of life.  It's a real bummer!  Personally, I liked middle age!   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.