tiredness?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone

I feel so awful today. I'm so so depressed and ever so tired and just aching all over. I want to cry but I can't let anything out. Does the tiredness ever go? Is it worth me hanging on? I'm on the verge of giving up.............is there light at the end of the tunnel? I'm so for going on and on but I'm just so so low today. :cry:

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi - just sending you a smile and to let you know that things do get better, tiredness is always around, but can be managed when you start to feel less depressed and more optimistic, believe me, I know. If you have to go to bed early some evenings or have a lay in some mornings, so be it and go with it, listen to your body and nurture it. I never thought I would be happy and content with life, but actually, most of the time, I am. Fluox has helped a great deal and given me the strength to fight down all the bad bits. All the best :lol:
  • Posted

Glad to hear that flu actually works as i am yet to feel the benefits. Like 'behappy' i want to cry but the AD had stopped all my emotions. I have lost my emotions, compassion.

I also feel so tired, and can't see the light at the end of the tunnel!

I hope one day i will feel better. I do get envious of others who are in Flu and now on the mend.

Still waiting, and hope that I will have the patience to persevere.

• Posted

Hi

The tiredness will go. I used to fall asleep on the settee about 9 o'clock when on flu for the first month or so. I also had the aching all over, felt like i had the flu alot of the time but that goes too. 4 or 5 weeks seems to be the time that things get better. I've not been able to cry for a long time, been on flu since March last year, i've weened myself off over the last four months, not had a tablet now since Friday last week and yesterday i actually got tears in my eyes about something so i think my emotions are coming back. Its so awful wanting to cry but no tears coming but it can be a good thing too, at least you don't burst into tears infront of people, i used to do that before going on flu. Sorry i'm rambling now.

Hope the weekend gets better Behappy.

Sam x

• Posted

Thankyou all for your replies and support smile . I went for a walk in the countryside today which was a struggle but did a world of good. I'm glad to hear the aches and pains may subside in time - yes, the aches are like having the flu.

I can't wait to feel better so I can post something positive. I'm holding on and riding through the storm!

take care all

• Posted

The tiredness will decrease. Before the flu I got so bad a doc diagnosed Chronic Fatigue Syndrome!

I still feel tired but no where neart as debilitating a level.

It does get better. You will fluctuate but overall it does improve.

As far as crying goes, if you really need to you can (found this out yesterday).

Keep yr chin up bud!

lellyM xx

• Posted

hiya behappy :cheerup:

dont forget behappy chronic fatigue, aches and pains, the feeling of wearing lead diver's boots etc can be a major symptom of depression itself, it isn't necessarily a side effect of the fluoxetene :wink:

jeeeeez, at times i'm still NEEDING to sleep up to 12 hours a day !!!! :shock: BEFORE i started on fluoxetene (over 4 months ago) it was up to 16 hours a day and the rest of the time i didn't have the energy to make a cup of coffee !!!! :cry: :shock:

hang on in there behappy, its worth it in the end, trust me, it really is :ok: :mrgreen:

cheers,

Ken ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :cheers: :rainbow: :rose:

• Posted

Yep, I can concur. Pre Fluoxetine I was so tired I actually fell asleep on the loo at work (too much detasil, I apologise).

Now, I am still tired most of the time but I can function as a relatively normal human being (If I could ever be considered to be normal).

I just struggle explaining to my night-owl hubby that I HAVE to go to sleep right now (at 11pm when he wants to talk).

But with help from berocca I am surviving.

LellyM xx

• Posted

Hiya all

Thank you all so much for the replies :D . You've all been great in your advice and it all makes sense. Today's been a better day out of all of the days and I hope they get even better.

Thanks so much. Hope you're all well. :D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.