Tiredness

Posted , 5 users are following.

Have experienced fatigue last couple of days.  Was the opposite before.  Had insomnia.  Changed from taking it at night to am .went out for my walk and really had to push myself.  Dr said I could increase to 100mg.  Will this help?  Feeling so low and tired.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Also take lorazapam when needed.

1 like, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lynda, what is the medication you have switched from pm to am? xx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Helen

i switched the sertraline to the mornings as I was suffering from insomnia.  Perhaps I am not on the right dosage.  Not sure,

Thks for responding.  Any advice.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Lynda, thanks for clarifying that. i do not take sertraline, i have citalopram, which i take in the mornings. sertraline it seems, through some research and having a friend who has taken it, it a difficult AD as it most certainly would be causing your insomnia at night but is quite likely to make you feel tired during the day. i do not know why, but the brain has different functions when in awake or sleep mode. it is up to you to choose which side effect you can cope with better. i can't say for sure as im not a doctor or medicine expert, but if it were me i would take the daytime dose and give that a chance to get in my system in the hope that the drowsiness would subside. i never take my anti depressant near bedtime as it effects my sleep. hope this helps, perhaps keep a journal for a month of how you feel, and the effects you think the tablets are causing then take that to the dr to see if they can do anything about it xxx sorry if i rambled x
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks Helen

i was on citalopram for years.  We (the dr) and I thought it was no longer working.  Switched to sertraline.  Some days I wish I had just stayed on cit.  will see her tmrw and ask if I need to increase my dosage.  Thank you for responding and your advice.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Having never had the pleasure of Sertraline but I know many on it and basically for the first few weeks it's a side effect funfair 😖 night or day is user pref, but I never take my diazepan with my paroxetine as that is a right head shread. Unfortunately for most the side effects ease off and the meds do work. This is where good old fashioned relaxation and meditation come in. 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi David

are you saying i shouldn't take lorazepam with sertraline.  Or should I not take them together as I did this am.  It's been nearly two months now.  Periods of being ok but not long lasting.

there is a site called the spiritual library which you might find interesting.

lynda

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Lynda I take my diazepam in the morning and my paroxetine at lunch time, as long as you take your sertraline at the same ish time each day it's okay. I take my diazepam first thing because the morning seems to be the most stressful time so it has time to work its magic before I take the next lot lol
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello lynda. No advise really just sharing the same feeling. I got into a great routine of going for an excercise walk every day and also did a lot of stretching. This apart from walking everywhere anyway. Last couple a weeks i have been overly tired. Body feels like jelly and have no strength at all. I hope this will pass again. I have tried to go for it a few times but had to turn around and go back home. Tiredness and dizzy. Hope you feel a bit more energized soon. X
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hy Linda I take 150 mg of sertraline a day and the doctor said take it all in the morning rather than throughout the day.

The only side effect I am aware of is nasty dreams and some real nightmares.  It doesn't make me sleepy at all but a bit numb which is fine for me!

To help me sleep I take mirtazapine another Ad,   It really helps my insomnia. 

Often it is trial and error and can take time to find the best dose for you,

Bev x

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up