Tiredness

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, does anyone else suffer from extreme tiredness soon after eating something fatty? I generally feel unwell soon after, with some discomfort in my shoulder and gallbladder region but also a wave of tiredness that makes me just want to sleep.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jane

Often if my gall bladder is what I call 'playing up ' then I get the aches and twinges in gall bladder area and a ache in shoulder . I also get tired and find it best to "sleep it off "

• Posted

That's a good way of putting it, needing to sleep it off. I frequently need a sleep in the daytime. Thank you for the reply.

• Posted

No worries Hun hope your sorted soon x I'm waiting to have mine removed , not sure if triggers as of yet what can trigger one day won't another x

• Posted

Yes, good days and very bad days. I've my first appointment with the surgical consultant next week about 7 months of tests to rule everything else out.

• Posted

I have this also Jane.

Not so bad now as I'm trying to watch what I'm eating....but my 1st "attack" was after eating a bacon & egg sandwich in the afternoon (hadn't eaten all day), not long after that, my gallbladder area was aching badly (not doubled over in pain) and so was my shoulders. The 2nd attack was at the beach a few days later after taking the kids for ice-cream .... I had an ice-cream ... OMG, thought I was going to fall asleep on the spot - I felt awful ..... that was 3 weeks ago and pain / nausea etc.... has never really gone away. Had bloods & ultrasound but all came back clear. xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.