TKR 10 weeks ago

Posted , 6 users are following.

I seemed to be getting on all right, as long as I didn't walk too far.  In the past ten days however I seem to have gone backwards.  Walking really painful, sleeping not easy, execises more difficult to do. The knee also seems to be quite hot.   Has anyone else experienced this?  My doctor sent me for an x-ray but the results won't be back for a week.

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

I find each day is different.  One day is great, being up all day, no problem with exercises then the next I'm so stiff and sore and hurts to walk. My knee has also been hot but my home PT said it was normal. This forum helps in knowing others are experiencing the same things!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Rachael, my knees heat up every day & this is after 3 years of having my left TKR& 2 years after having a right TKR, I have a velcro gel belt that is kept in the freezer & it's an absolute God send, it seems so easy for everything 2 seize up overnight after u've worked really hard all day 2 get it moving 😢 don't b put off or give up as things will improve with time, it's so important 2 stick 2 ur excercise programme (easier said than done I know) don't overdo it & all I can say is ICE ICE ICE, often thought about sleeping in the freezer 2 get a good nites sleep, my partners idea 😃 hope things improve as time goes by? Good luck
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

My knee gets hot, if I overdo it . I am still icing when that happens .  Maybe you are just doing more and using different muscles . Elevate and ice if it feels hot or swells . I understand this swelling can go on for sometime . Hope all is well with your X-ray s . 

I am doing great for 3 weeks, I keep expecting a set back . 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Rachael - I'm now 6 1/2 weeks post op and still have swelling on my left knee as well as both knees getting quite hot (right one will need to be done in due course). I find using the ice pack and elevating the legs as much as possible helps. I have also found massaging the leg and scar with oil is very beneficial - my physio did it a couple of weeks ago and not only does it feel great but for about 15 minutes afterwards the knee is much more comfortable and any exercises are much easier to do. I wish I had been massaging earlier. I definitately recommend massaging with some oil.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I am 6weeks post op I can only walk short distances also been having muscle tightness issues I have been told everything gets better  still having issues getting out of chair for ex going into restaurant have to take pillow to sit on good luck
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up