TKR 2 months ago, but still have leg pain at night!

Posted , 12 users are following.

Does anyone else who has had a TKR have problems with pain in the leg during the night?  My surgery was 8 was ago.  Rest of rehab 

Is good.  The dull pain and sometimes a sharp pain is not fun!

I

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Betsy, I definately had pain at 8 wks and couldnt sleep. Im now 13 wks and last night slept like a log and today I have no pain! My Dr prescribed Lyrica tho Ive heard some bad things about it, its the only thing thats worked and I would take anything to get rid of the pain and have a decent nights sleep! Also my knee feels looser today and I have more bend. Im back at work tomorrow so I hope the pain stays away.
    • Posted

Did the Lyrica help fairly soon or take a few days to kick in?  My Dr. put me on Neurontin but it never helped.  They kept upping the dosage and said "be patient" but got tired of taking so many pills so I cut that one out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.