TKR 3 months - new pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Up until today I have been doing really well. Back at work and at the gym. Went to the gym today and didn't go silly, did 15 mins on cross trainer and 10 mins on exercise bike. Now have awful pain in the back of my knee when walking but can't figure out what I have done and at the front of my knee just at the top of it. Any ideas what I have done or how to sort this, its really painful and I was hoping to go on a shopping spree on Thursday but worried now that I wont be able to walk far without it hurting.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Wish I knew the answer . . I went to the hydrotherapy pool for first time yesterday and did gentle exercise, and today my knee hurts a lot more than before.  If you don't exercise they hurt, and if you do . . . well, you just never seem to know!  Maybe the bike was the problem??

• Posted

I have been using the bike for a while but today had the seat a bit further back as it felt better like that. Then five minutes later the pain came and my knee is so tight at the back. Just when you think you are winning something happens. Nothing is ever simple!
  • Posted

no ideas at all , but it sounds normal to me , i had the same at 3 months and3 months later i stll do ,  its horrid when i turn over in bed , i had a check up and as told all was well and nothing was lose , bear with it and go back if it gets worse , you could slow down on the exercises or perhaps swim , there is such a lot of repairing going on that could take up to 2 years ,

• Posted

The pain has eased off a bit now, went to the gym this morning and slowed exercise down so not to aggravate the knee.  Still a bit tight at the back mostly when I lay down but seems to be getting better.  Must have overdone it. Hey ho, the joys of new knees.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.