TKr

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all, I am 17 weeks out from my TKR and I am wondering how many people out there still have inflammation after this long. My knee is hot at the bottom of the knee cap all the time. Even after sleeping I have felt it and it is hot.  I have a great bend of 130 but if I walk more than 3 blocks my muscles on the top of my knee and shin bone starts hurting. Just want to know if anyone else has this after 17 weeks. Thanks.

Candace

1 like, 17 replies

Report / Delete

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Only seven weeks, but still very hot and inflamed . . hope yours soon improves!  It's such a slow, gtedious job isn't it.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Have your docs taken a look at this and run blood work to check out inflammation markers. You could have a pool of fluid that can be taken by needle and checked for infection, staph in particular
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi

I'm coming up to 17wks in two days time and I'm the same as you. I'm using my knee /leg pretty normally - albeit some stiffness and discomfort.

Still have good days and bad days.

Yesterday i had a lot of heat and soreness around the knee and a tight uncomfortable feeling above the knee. Also from the knee down on the outside where the nerves are coming back to life.

Today it feels cooler.

Maybe if yours is hot all the time you should get it checked out? Hope it's ok smile

Suzi

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

OFG and SUZIE

I have asked my Doc and he said some people take longer to heal than others. He did not think there was fluid in it. I also have stage 4 fatty liver cirrhosis and that makes healing a little harder. Suzie , I have the stiffness also. It feels like it needs to be oiled or greased or something. LOL

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi I am coming up to nearly 7 months and my knee still gets a little hot at times.  It is also stiff and heavy at times but I can get around so much better than before I had it done so I call that a result!!  It has been a hard slog but my doctor thinks it's going well so I guess I have to believe him.  Please try not to worry too much but at the same time if you are concerned about anything it's always best to get it checked out.

Good luck all and just remember, we are all different and heal at different speeds but as long as you are happy with how things are going that's all that matters. Xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Ruby

I'm just past 7 months and usually I'm doing fine ( except my balance is not so good) but yesterday my knee felt as stiff as it did in the early days! One day seems so different from the last, but you are right we all are different. I'm still glad I had it done as it's so much better than before, where it would have just have gotten worse.

Take care, Betty

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up