TKr

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all, I am 17 weeks out from my TKR and I am wondering how many people out there still have inflammation after this long. My knee is hot at the bottom of the knee cap all the time. Even after sleeping I have felt it and it is hot.  I have a great bend of 130 but if I walk more than 3 blocks my muscles on the top of my knee and shin bone starts hurting. Just want to know if anyone else has this after 17 weeks. Thanks.

Candace

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Candace,

My year "anniversary" was Feb 21, and knee is STILL swollen, warm to touch(in earlier healing stage like you are in...my knee too was HOT) and pain. Went to my Dr. Today....X-ray is great,but he said I have Very aggressive inflammation going on inside.He wants me to go back to using cane, elevated with icing 3Xday @30 min each time. He gave me a prescription for oral cortisone along with Celebrex and no exercising. Also gave me lists of anti-inflam foods and foods to avoid. I go back to see him again in 4wks...hopefully I will show some healing. My problem is NOT the norm...so don't let my response scare you.

Have you discussed the hotness and swelling with your Ortho Dr? Wishing you well,Candace.

Janet from Akron,Ohio

• Posted

Hi Janet

Wow, I feel for you. That is a rough go. I am in California and had mine done at the Coon Institute. I saw the Doc in December ( xrays and all was good) and he said because of my Stage 4 Liver that it would be a slower heal. I don't have swelling, it is just hot and painful if I walk too far. I am scheduled to see the Doc again in May again and if it gets any worse I will make an appointment before that. Please keep me posted with your situation.

Candace

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.