Tkr

Posted , 8 users are following.

13 weeks out.feeling like I'm never gonna have my life back....just want to bend my knee like a normal person

1 like, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

Stay with pain meds, excercise, icing, rest and hydration. Yo will find you have suddenly, almost without notice, you'll be bending the leg, sleeping and noticing less and less pain. I know its terribly difficult to believe that all will be o.k. but having been through this on several occasion, given time, you will heal properly. Just remember to follow the program. Stay with this forum and you will get a lot of positive strokes. Good luck
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Don't give up, it will get there. Don't compare yourself to others, because we are all different. One thing I started doing was sitting on the edge of my bed, knees bent and then lean into it a bit, forcing them to bend a little more. Not too much, you judge what you can take. I remember some days that felt like complete setbacks, I wasn't able to bend as far as the day before. But I would patiently sit there, pushing it a little further and holding it to a count of 10. Then I'd relax. And try it again. I would do this at least 5 times. I think slow and steady is the way to go. Where as my PT liked to push more quickly. Not saying he didn't do a good job, but of course I like some of my methods better. lol
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Mm that's how I feel - think we need to be patient !
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Patient is very hard for me..especially since I was expecting it to happen faster....but I'm trying really hard..an I'm glad I found this site.it's nice to talk to people in same boat.that understand exactly what I'm feeling....thank you
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Don't give up it is early days yet. I had TKR nearly 3 years ago and it took about a year before I was really back to normal. Now it really is like having my life back. It will come in time if you work at it

All the best. Take care. Keep in touch

Sarah

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up