TKR

Posted , 5 users are following.

HI GUYS 

Has anyone found having a massage of the leg muscles advantageous to the flexibility of the knee 

cheers

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes I did. I started massaging my scar with Bio oil and I felt my muscles benefited from me massaging the whole knee and the muscles all around. Also I went for a pedicure and my muscles felt more relaxed after my feet were massaged? 
  • Posted

My physical therapist massages my knee and it feels so good.  I have also been doing it myself and it does make my knee bend easier.
  • Posted

Hi John,

Yes, massage can be very helpful. Of course I am a bit biased because I'm a remedial massage therapist, but I've also been through knee surgery.

In December last year I had a patella realignment (osteotomy), lateral release and arthroscopy and I have found that a combination of exercise, physio and massage has been extremely beneficial in my recovery.

As Joy has said it is also very important to massage the scar to help free up the tissue around the inscision and aid circulation and nervous tissue recovery (it'll also help smooth out the scar).

Good luck,

Jodi

• Posted

I have just started massaging my knee and yes it does make it feel better I am 3 weeks post op

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.